Author Topic: Alternating Playlists...  (Read 8405 times)

agoMiST

Say for example I have two Lists, 'Favourites' and 'Never Played'

Would it be possible to create an Autoplaylist or make the Auto-Dj alternate between these lists
such that in Now Playing they appear

01 Track from Favourites
02 Track from Never Played
03 Track from Favourites
04 Track from Never Played
etc...

Or some variation thereof?

Steven

• Administrator
sounds like something that could be done with a Radio playlist
right click on the playlists section of the left panel/ New Radio Playlist

agoMiST

cartman005

Wow, I am going to have to start using those now. I never tried using them because I thought they were for radio stations or something lol.

VX

Wow, I am going to have to start using those now. I never tried using them because I thought they were for radio stations or something lol.

Radio Playlist can be misleading, indeed. Especially if it has little in common with radio...

Could you suggest another name for the feature, which would be more intuitive for the users  ???

agoMiST

I thought they were for internet radio too...

After playing with the radio playlist all weekend I can safely say it has replaced my use for the auto-dj  ;)

ma_t14

After playing with the radio playlist all weekend I can safely say it has replaced my use for the auto-dj  ;)

Exactly the same thing for me, I thought that they had something to do with radio and never used them....  ::)

richardap1

Exactly the same thing for me, I thought that they had something to do with radio and never used them....  ::)

Yep same here.

cartman005

Could you suggest another name for the feature, which would be more intuitive for the users  ???
Maybe something like Combo-Playlist or Alternating Playlist?

I understand the Radio Playlist name though, because it is like you are creating your own radio station of sorts.
Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:52:11 PM by cartman005

Steven

• Administrator
i thought the name was quite appropriate for what its doing but quite surprising how many people jumped to the wrong conclusion and did look at it.
I'm not really completely happy with any of the suggestions made so far - maybe Combo Playlist but i really want the name to reflect that its a continuous list of tracks eg. DJ Playlist

boroda

agoMiST

Radio playlist does make sense now I know what it is and that it's not for internet radio.
How about something along the lines of

Cyclic Auto-Playlist
Auta-Rota Playlists
Clockwork Playlists
Perpetual Playlist
Playlist Routine

Something that makes a new user (or an 'old' user, like myself' that makes assumptions without checking first)
wonder what the feature is and looks at it, rather than incorrectly dismissing it as something else entirely and
missing out on an absolutely awesome feature...

jlarrym

Using a combination of Steven's and boroda74's idea I came up with "Continuous Combo Playlist" I would prefer a shorter name and hope someone can come up with a good descriptive one.