Author Topic: MusicBee in the Living Room: Additional Layout Options for Main Panel  (Read 40717 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this has the fixes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?toa2qsd0y404q4l

it also slows down the scrolling a bit, and improves handling for when the internet connection for picture download is running slow

jrlx

Just a couple of suggestions for improving the playing track tab:

1. Allow the playing track details (below the artwork) to span the full width of the screen (would fit below both the artwork and lyrics)

2. Include in the panel settings a check box to display the now playing list tab in the bottom of the screen only when the playing track tab is shown.

the following picture shows the intended screen configuration:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?x5zx686yoshmc1x

The Incredible Boom Boom

I have been searching the forums, Google, and the wiki for how to enable the "Playing Track" tab discussed in this thread since late last night and still have not been able to come up with how to do it. I've been using MusicBee sporadically over the last decade, but only recently have I begun to clean up the interface and customize it to my preference.

The bulk of the information I have come across about the tab is from when it was first introduced in 2012, but it has rarely been mentioned since. I did see something from Steven saying that he had incorporated the tab into Theater Mode, but even after messing around with that for hours, I can't come up with an interface I want, which is the movie or artist backdrop on the Main Panel similar to the idea below.

All assistance with this is much appreciated. Thanks!
Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:35:00 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

frankz

Pretty sure this turned into "Now Playing"  Once you're on Now Playing there's a drop-down at the upper left of the panel to select the mode (Tracks, Artist Picture, etc) and the "Configure Layout" icon next to the search box at the upper left will give you the Arrange Panel dialog to configure the mode as you wish.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Pretty sure this turned into "Now Playing"  Once you're on Now Playing there's a drop-down at the upper left of the panel to select the mode (Tracks, Artist Picture, etc) and the "Configure Layout" icon next to the search box at the upper left will give you the Arrange Panel dialog to configure the mode as you wish.

Thanks for your response.
After hours of screwing around, it seems like that's exactly the case. I could find no post establishing where it had been moved to or how to access it other than getting close with "Theater Mode," but I couldn't figure out how to make a similar look there either.

So, basically, after half a day or trying to figure this out, for anyone else trying to accomplish something similar - this feature is now moved to the "Now Playing" tab, though I still can't quite figure out how he was able to display the album artwork in the left-hand corner the way it is (it's very nice.)