Author Topic: MusicBee in the Living Room: Additional Layout Options for Main Panel  (Read 40797 times)

Greb

Small bug: sometimes, when a song has no lyrics, the main pannel shows no artwork, even when the player track shows it:

Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:16:00 AM by Greb

Steven

• Administrator
Small bug: sometimes, when a song has no lyrics, the main pannel shows no artwork, even when the player track shows it:
i dont understand how it could happen as the picture is displayed using the same function as the now playing panel and lyrics (should) have nothing to do with how the picture is loaded.
Are you sure the condition it happens is when there are no lyrics. Is it possible in this example there is no artwork linked to the file and it was downloaded from the web - perhaps it suceeded in the left panel but failed for the Playing Track tab

Steven

• Administrator
The Artwork field in the main panel is comparetively small to the Lyrics field. Especially if you show the Now Playing Panel in the botttom of the Main Panel the Artwork becomes very small and there is a gap between Artwork and Now Playing Panel.
At the same time, if the Lyrics are not syncronised they are alinged to the left very close to the Artwork creating a optical lump on the left of the Main Panel and a big empty space on the right.

I think it would look better, if the Artwork was allowed to be larger and get closer to the bottom of the Main Panel/NowPlaying Panel and have the Lyrics further separated from the Artwork

Maybe I missed that. But how can you change the Font Size of the Lyrics in the Main Panel?

what i will do is fill some of the panel with the album tracks but there would only be room for that when its displayed in a tab

Greb

i dont understand how it could happen as the picture is displayed using the same function as the now playing panel and lyrics (should) have nothing to do with how the picture is loaded.
Are you sure the condition it happens is when there are no lyrics. Is it possible in this example there is no artwork linked to the file and it was downloaded from the web - perhaps it suceeded in the left panel but failed for the Playing Track tab
I think so (happening when there's no lyrics), but I can't assure it. I will see it for a few days and then I'll post when it fails.

Steven

• Administrator
greb, i think i know why it happened (nothing to do with lyrics) and will post a fix tomorrow

what i am doing is enabling the Playing Track panel to be customised with its own
- album picture size
- lyrics font
- track fields displayed and fonts (previously these were taken from the right sidebar now playing panel but now they can be localised for this panel)
I've also changed the spacing logic, and decided not to include album tracks (many people dont have full albums and retreiving the album tracks from the web is not reliable)

Greb

You're right, it's not about lyrics.

As long as I now, it happens ONLY in the main pannel, it happens when the album artist is different from the artist, and when you're playing MORE THAN ONE TRACK from a specific album. Hope it helps (if you discovered it and it's fixed today, much better, of course).

Steven

• Administrator
i've been thinking about what could be added to the playing track tab (currently has album picture, track info and lyrics)
while it looks ok with a moderately wide screen, once you collapse the left and right panels it becomes too wide spaced.
Does anyone have any suggestions for this tab that arent gimmicky and related to the playing track and not the artist?
I was thinking maybe a section that shows the track playcount, album playcount and artist playcount and maybe playcount ranking compared to the rest of your library for the artist and for the album. Also if you have a last.fm account some more detailed 1month, 3month 6month stats could be done.
Do people think that is interesting to see?
Or any other better suggestions
Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:36:27 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
here is the updated .exe with the tweaks to the layout spacing and additional customisation settings (but not the stats section described in the previous post)

http://www.mediafire.com/?b13x02ba3crvxjo

larryfine

Statistics tab is a good idea. What do you think about an album art slide show? :-\

SimonBRT

sorry i didnt post a screen earlier, being lazy i guess.  but i think my issue was basically exactly what you have described above steven.  below is how i currently use the feature with both sidebars collapsed and there is indeed a little too much space.  my ideal solution would be to also see the last.fm profile on this page.  i know it is only a click away currently but it would be great to have a one stop shop with everything i regularly look at on screen at once.  not sure if this is possible though or whether it would simply end up looking too cluttered...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steven

• Administrator

SimonBRT

oh, no.  you replied while i was off making a cup of tea!  i'll download it now and have a look.

cartman005

Steven, I think those statistics would be cool to add there. Maybe also a more detailed analyzer?

I think there should also be a quicker way of opening up those tabs. Unless I am missing it, the only way to open them once they are closed is through Preferences.

SimonBRT

just got the latest version and the spacing works much better for my set up now.  thanks, thats fantastic.  still plenty of empty space on the right hand side though so look forward to seeing what you decide can be added there...