Author Topic: MusicBee in the Living Room: Additional Layout Options for Main Panel  (Read 40827 times)

clubman

I just noticed that the Artwork size setting works. If I remove the Now playing field from the Bottom Plane, the Artwork size is adjusted according to the setting.

Greb

Would be possible to increase the font size in the title/artist area?

Keeping the same font size makes it to look a bit lost in the middle of the main pannel...

Skoop

ma_t14

- the Last.fm tab in the panel now additionally shows recent (1 year ago) and upcoming releases for the artist

That only works when it is set to appear in a new tab. If you choose to make it appear at the bottom it does not work

ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
- the Last.fm tab in the panel now additionally shows recent (1 year ago) and upcoming releases for the artist

That only works when it is set to appear in a new tab. If you choose to make it appear at the bottom it does not work
its not shown when docked on the bottom pane because there isnt room

Steven

• Administrator
I just tried it and found the following issues:

1. Playing track panel configuration: Setting of max Artwork size has no impact - always displays something like 400x400.

2. If you have the Now Playing Panel set on the bottom of the Main Panel then it is overlaying the Visualizer. It also remains visisble in the Playing Track view which contradicts the target of achieving a clean look. This could be solved by making the Now playing Field colapsable or moving it automaticly to the right Panel plane, which can be colapsed.
for 1 it was only intended for when docked in a tab as the picture can get too big by the default sizing rules but i will change it so its also respected when docked in the bottom panel
for 2, that wasnt intended and i have fixed that for the next update

Steven

• Administrator

its not shown when docked on the bottom pane because there isnt room
i will have a look at appending it to the bottom of the artist text for this layout (not promising this though)

clubman

The Artwork field in the main panel is comparetively small to the Lyrics field. Especially if you show the Now Playing Panel in the botttom of the Main Panel the Artwork becomes very small and there is a gap between Artwork and Now Playing Panel.
At the same time, if the Lyrics are not syncronised they are alinged to the left very close to the Artwork creating a optical lump on the left of the Main Panel and a big empty space on the right.

I think it would look better, if the Artwork was allowed to be larger and get closer to the bottom of the Main Panel/NowPlaying Panel and have the Lyrics further separated from the Artwork

Maybe I missed that. But how can you change the Font Size of the Lyrics in the Main Panel?

SimonBRT

similar to the above, i feel that there is limited space for the track details section and excessive space for the lyrics section.  for example if i have full track details showing including bit rate etc. then the text is truncated but there is a large amount of unused space to the right hand side of the lyrics.  hope that makes sense.

love this feature though.  it looks absolutely great.

cartman005

Looks great! Even works with the Milkdrop visualizer.

I always get this error when I enable Track & Artist Information:

Code
MusicBee v1.4.4392.36304 (Win6.1), 11 Jan 2012 0:15:

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "31/12/2000" to type 'Date' is not valid.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDate(String Value)
   at #=qZbM1AM_MMhtnEGGQ1eeq2Ezx8IiaLJRoa5w00pgjNx8=..ctor(Rectangle #=qx_ymQYGf1Wdbk3K26AZGiw==, Boolean #=qMX3FH_gvDm_Qf6wmw4cdR$VBEpcqCMnOQLfVq94S0Rg=, Boolean #=q0UM68jcBPHmsiPksC_Reew==)
   at #=qZ_rDfI_$MNnaxXngYZs_bBBobV92P2tcRcl$uGliPwM=.#=q0aX0GTUUkkoVgNaBzpGRF2F_0nrKxI2idQZNgxXqrNs=(#=qZ_rDfI_$MNnaxXngYZs_bKGqXHZNhytWkdC6bGC0fFujvWZaaUlUC3MfMGC5yO6o #=qDG0GkYWn0oGBFQABMXuhQg==, #=qtbJ_76AbsP8ZuVK1RvRAj$Hpl5Ax$ILe5ev5leKQxMY= #=q9W5li1tLt8Vu5qV52F3f_A==)
   at #=qZ_rDfI_$MNnaxXngYZs_bBBobV92P2tcRcl$uGliPwM=.#=qIUEyvxahkF_VlshVQvgkLA==(#=qZ_rDfI_$MNnaxXngYZs_bKGqXHZNhytWkdC6bGC0fFujvWZaaUlUC3MfMGC5yO6o #=qW78dZThy1OU9AFA9QGRptQ==, #=q6Y97ZDNFrH$ejdkhVQcOEs9MZonTi4VoPHv4aGv6iMs= #=qVMdQlEvJZQXIa9axUqv55w==, #=qPze8hriRUs3EWJUoIWFk_crfc6Wh3zEz$Hk67P9sCWQ= #=qxnrWARZGqjIl14TYjNBWlg==, #=q5LZea3jJujAoF9PLZYXAVHpS98TmJHKioxDpipmr9E8= #=q1DYpMwtAmqXrVn2_QfawuA==, #=qJRpXqUWCCKRyVH5iViO$qJxe5fHzp7qumGLqD5JHFN4= #=qcssWhRgKTpzmr8oDqrRhmw==, Boolean #=q9JvT2LBmQEla5HtFM6_IX2eQt9INxpC3lUwWygpoPv4=, String #=qcGAf4mqOQx1swS6mDrwmeQ==, Boolean #=qKezpetxRvc4JpTYnH3qZZzHwefrHNs8J8VB4fQ7TuEQ=, #=qPSdY_TdoOfKj0YrZNNZFF5QJm6_Hc1AWVdLBC10iFnZwfjSi7UMVzLlga$gv6Mxt #=q3NmJHqpJdb62YrIX2zO2zA==, List`1 #=q0vvvmx2pC80oZAaaTLGELg==, Object #=qQ1Uxa72EmBtMq$1K1Qr1EA==, Boolean #=qartX5MRmbeJj6_NN2yZNRSBxhgj7j3SrcSzSndtFXcs=, List`1 #=qxJgefpYlz7cMHbRPZDFGwQ==, Int32 #=qNeJ$DIOYUhpxCqcJ3CZaxEPz1bp1pdtJ8mpF3NVVHog=, Boolean #=qTa6uCwi4J482ypRiwYrwOA==, List`1 #=qaDsxXVqCaHxEvDvZiCiE_Q==)
   at #=qV_NGZFOmL9LYINnqhSqE$WFg91nvf6GlYi56HwPyRyk=.#=qE0migECj2Jgve_fHRQs8HQ==(Int32 #=qfSR77bIO7IOA$ho7Np$G0w==, Boolean #=qj8x5JSC_EJddHIInDvPgjA==, #=qZ_rDfI_$MNnaxXngYZs_bKGqXHZNhytWkdC6bGC0fFujvWZaaUlUC3MfMGC5yO6o #=qI0nbRoGOwMG9gq1WLP0p9w==, Boolean #=qBFznN13rzqLh8H87MDs$PqXaA7lSyPOIwdG3GwgB$$Y=, #=qM7UYmIunE4YLOhmna2wZdo85MpYAH_fw4IUQx_sf9rA= #=q04eGMjNmO4jB34c9oFhdrQ==, Boolean #=qfMUDauGTfaDHlRE7x95F_w==, Boolean #=qna18umF01RP__sy0UjQGPFIpoiM4ivQLrtif0dQrK00=, Boolean #=q$JHfosjMG2MMW2cWdKYisNH3hgywSsH4tA6J8SOhoVY=)
   at #=qV_NGZFOmL9LYINnqhSqE$WFg91nvf6GlYi56HwPyRyk=.#=qvbORD4RrmztZHglCVum4Fz8ZsaKpRLNv5da__LEkj9k=(#=qRapxjfIIR$hPF7L5K9crXZZ1XnmWVGmK1uKuo7ZaztE= #=qtvY8q6H80LEI2gJJV$NbWw==)
   at #=qHXiwh8eIMItQn8uFkGTlaLXxVewNPfyf3M5kRqqhtTE=.#=q59EJseimXQZV4e7z_FytLQ==(ApplicationCommand #=q3Em7Xe9pPQV6pcymBHJaXg==, Object #=qBDVOHl6SY9g0gTywYsu$LQ==)

VX

Same here. I'm getting this after trying to enable "Track and Artist" information.

Code
MusicBee v1.4.4392.36304 (Win6.1), 11 sty 2012 7:42:

System.InvalidCastException: Konwersja z ci?gu "31/12/2000" na typ 'Date' nie jest prawid?owa.
   w Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDate(String Value)
   w #=qZbM1AM_MMhtnEGGQ1eeq2Ezx8IiaLJRoa5w00pgjNx8=..ctor(Rectangle #=qx_ymQYGf1Wdbk3K26AZGiw==, Boolean #=qMX3FH_gvDm_Qf6wmw4cdR$VBEpcqCMnOQLfVq94S0Rg=, Boolean #=q0UM68jcBPHmsiPksC_Reew==)
   w #=qV_NGZFOmL9LYINnqhSqE$WFg91nvf6GlYi56HwPyRyk=.#=qhvqzMtoHBVkcVPeBb_8qvyeeyeYpRzLE5njFZLyvKuA=(Boolean #=qYcjeYi7S6_1Ao6L8Q6Aavw==)
   w #=qV_NGZFOmL9LYINnqhSqE$WFg91nvf6GlYi56HwPyRyk=.#=qn5LpnaJMZ_j4S5PsvCLxGzd_ucVSLg1E9uxaJ_GXEz8=(Boolean #=qWbautYCmotNrlJCEETvAzQ==, #=qM7UYmIunE4YLOhmna2wZdo85MpYAH_fw4IUQx_sf9rA= #=qdjd9ZgqniHW2OftuVhPyYA==)
   w #=qV_NGZFOmL9LYINnqhSqE$WFg91nvf6GlYi56HwPyRyk=.#=qvbORD4RrmztZHglCVum4Fz8ZsaKpRLNv5da__LEkj9k=(#=qRapxjfIIR$hPF7L5K9crXZZ1XnmWVGmK1uKuo7ZaztE= #=qtvY8q6H80LEI2gJJV$NbWw==)
   w #=qHXiwh8eIMItQn8uFkGTlaLXxVewNPfyf3M5kRqqhtTE=.#=q59EJseimXQZV4e7z_FytLQ==(ApplicationCommand #=q3Em7Xe9pPQV6pcymBHJaXg==, Object #=qBDVOHl6SY9g0gTywYsu$LQ==)

The error appears everytime I'm trying to run MusicBee and crashes the app.
Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:51:32 AM by VX

Steven

• Administrator
clubman, SimonBRT & others - when describing proposed improvements to the layout its best you post a screenshot of at least what is wrong with the current layout for you, and better with a mockup of what you propose.
Its quite hard to understand exactly what is meant sometimes and also as you might guess there is a large variety of screen sizes, how big people have their artwork saved and lastly its sometimes not clear if you are refering to when the Track and Artist panel is docked in a tab or bottom of the main panel which affects the space used. Also album pictures are usually square where as the artist picture proportions varies greatly.

i'm only willing to change the proportions, not the panel arrangement
Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:48:39 AM by Steven

voon

Talking visual cosmetics: is it possible to show the codec info just below the song position slider or so (i.e. not in a specific info tab, but in general in very small font somewhere)? Just something like FLAC xyz kbps etc?