Author Topic: So how big is your music library?  (Read 116518 times)

JoaoPaulo

6350 tracks, 117 GB, mostly flac and a few 320k MP3...  :)

MusicBee does a good job on library managment

but more important to me, it´s very stable with my HRT asynchronous usb dac (wasapi output)

;)

Elfarrat

56k songs @ 350 GB. Mostly VBR MP3. No Problems here.

MickyD

Good afternoon all
Very much a newbie here and an "eejit" too ... but only till I find the right place for my Question.
Library 11,019 tracks, (all mp3)
53.3 GB ... 29 days 8.54hrs ... according to MB.

Winamp was my first love and I will always have good memories of it.  However, it has been replaced by MusicBee.
I find the just about everything in MB at least one step ahead of the others I have tried.  I have created two converts for you who now feel the same way as I do.
Yep, little niggles ... the "freeze" when completing mass edits etc ... but such a small price to pay when you consider the stability, the quality of basic sound, which I either play through Bose computer speakers or Sennheiser USB headset.
Clearly the support is here in these forums ... and all I need to do is ask my question in  a way other will see and understand my ignorance and treat me kindly.
EXCELLENT program thank you

p-mob

59000 tracks, 380Gb.
I´ve done my first MP3 files in 1997. Since then, my collection has grown and grown. From 32kbit mono to 320kb is everything in it.  ;)
I was a happy Winamp user for a long time until the mobile device sync came up.
Winamp was (and is still) not able to do a sync of multi disc albums with identical track names, without mixing them up. That was the point where I decided to use MB.
And a few months ago, when the tab thing came up, I was the happiest MB user in the world.
MusicBee does everything I can imagine for managing a huge digital audio collection.
Thanks Steven!
 ;D
Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:29:56 PM by p-mob
MusicBee ROCKS!

nocmonster

5055 music tracks, all FLAC. Another 330 podcast files in MP3. I have MusicBee set to auto-convert the FLAC files to AAC whenever I sync up to my iPod, and the podcast files go on there in the format they were downloaded in. Sadly, they don't stay in sequential order but having just tried MediaMonkey and having had it crash *every* single time I tried to sync to my iPod, I decided MusicBee was worth its weight in gold, sequential order or not!  ;D

jtoz

51256 tracks, 322.3 GB.  even using XP, Musicbee hums.  <10 seconds to open up and be playable.

tcman50

Just short of 12,000 tracks, all nicely tagged and with cover art.

750 albums at 320kbps, 50 albums .flac

TC  :)

larryfine

28900 tracks, 2324 albuns, 276,3 GB (mp3,ape,flac,wavpack). MB 1.4.4383 works fast and fine.  ;D
Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:24:18 PM by larryfine

silasje1

411 songs downloading 10 songs a day (flac or mp3 320 only) 4,8 GB now.
1d 11 hours
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

K.Bond

400K+, 4TB, 41K CDs, all MP3<320, all cover
No problems, thanks for the program. Tried them all, I think, MusicBee the only one which can swallow the lot.

Thorbjorn

I have 130,000 files, about 950GB. Most of it V0 mp3, some flac. I haven't loaded everything into MB yet. Just trying out the program right now. Currently using MediaMonkey which handles that very well, so hoping MB will do the same.

canonlp

I have 3 libraries: MP3, FLAC, and 24Bit Lossless.

MP3: 21,672      146.3 GB
FLAC: 3983       101 GB
24Bit: 178         17.6 GB

Still expanding!

Antkh

84601 tracks;
1501 bands;
8085 albums;
620,9 GB.
All mp3's. From Hard Rock and AOR to Brutal Death and Black Metal. Updating and expanding.
Was using iTunes, but such large collection was very slooooooow in that piece of Apple crap. Mediamonkey disappointed too (it ever failed to import my iTunes database with track ratings). And then I found MB... And what I have to say... THERE IS NO IMPOSSIBLE TASK FOR MUSICBEE. Speed, customization, responsiveness! I love it!
Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:28:36 PM by Antkh

privatewid

82,000 tracks in just over 1TB. 6 seconds to load up initially, 1-2 seconds switching views like playlists etc.

Hard to know whether this is due to the size of my library or the speed of my computer 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 2TB Seagate SATA HD.

ma_t14

82,000 tracks in just over 1TB. 6 seconds to load up initially, 1-2 seconds switching views like playlists etc.

Hard to know whether this is due to the size of my library or the speed of my computer 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 2TB Seagate SATA HD.

What  about your experience with other software?  :)