Author Topic: Can you give two lines for the album name in artwork view?  (Read 7366 times)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
+1
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

sabretou

Seconding this - plus, it'd be great if this worked with Artist names in Group by Artist mode.

Steven

• Administrator
while i can understand the need for this request, it wouldnt look very good - either 2 lines are permanently allocated leaving one line blank in many cases. Or MB moves the below field up one to fill the blank but making it out of line with other albums.

I guess one possibility might be to (optionally) display the album name in the bottom of the picture (irrespective of whether 1 or 2 lines are needed with suitable background shading so the words are clearly visible), and display other fields below the picture as now (so it doesnt take up too much of the picture). That way everything stays nicely aligned

Skoop

2 lines are permanently allocated leaving one line blank in many cases

I'd go for that.  The font size is small enough anyway.  Right now I have album name on line 1 and year on two.  If the name would wrap to line 2, I'd just append the year field to the end of the name field.  

Can you do this as a toggle, maybe, so we can try it out?

Edit:  Do not want text over the top of the graphic.
Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:31:44 PM by Skoop

Steven

• Administrator
i like the idea of wrapping into the next field but works in your case because you show a short field after the album name. As a slight variation when wrapping is enabled, all fields would become merged, separated by a " - " between each field. Except for album rating which needs to be shown on its own line.

Skoop

Works for me.  I'd see something like:

Handel Chamber Music: Trio Sonatas for
2 Violins And Basso Continuo - [1990]
Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:06:54 PM by Skoop

Skoop

If this was implemented in the latest beta, I didn't see it described and I don't see how to enable it in the program.  I see "merge fields so long text wraps to next line", but the check box is inactive.

Do you have an ETA for this?
Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:34:43 PM by Skoop

Steven

• Administrator
it has turned out to be more difficult than expected but should be in the next weekly update

Steven

• Administrator
this has the change:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cricfytpep7apuk

i have tested it quite a bit but keep a copy of your current version in case you need to revert.
Its enabled in the Artwork layout settings screen. There is a requirement that the fonts your choose for each field need to be the same size (they can be different styles)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Seems to work great for me :)
Many thanks once again Steven
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Skoop

Can it be made to wrap such that it doesn't break in the middle of a word?  Or is it just breaking on a number of characters?

I appreciate the effort, but I won't use it if it cuts a word or name in half. 

Steven

• Administrator
Word break doesnt work well as often you end up with only a fraction of the width being used (i appreciate in your case because year is the 2nd field thats not so important)
I dont want to have it as an option but I will improve it so it word breaks if say <= 5 chars (and scaled up for larger picture sizes) are in the first part of the word before the break

Skoop

Thanks.

Edit:  And, I'd bag the Year field altogether if that would improve the breaking even more.  If wrapping were optimized by having only the title field displayed under the artwork, then that's OK, too. 
Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:33:37 PM by Skoop