Author Topic: Music Library not refreshing...  (Read 18207 times)

Mintschi

Hi Folks,

I'm using MusicBee Version 1.3.4334.
All my songs are stored in the folder "E:\All Music", divided in sub-folders with different category names like Blues, Classic Rock, Pop etc..
Under Options -> Music Library I pointed to the folder shown above and turned the Option scan after Player start on.
Now, I copied some MP3s in the sub-folder "Blues", after restarting the Player these songs wasn't listed in the Music Library.
It seems, that the Library didn't refresh it's contend?! But in my Auto Playlist for the folder "Blues", these songs are listed correctly.
What could be wrong with the Library scan?!

cheers,
Mintschi

ma_t14

They should definitely be in your library or in your Inbox. The way musicbee operates a song cannot be in a playlist without first being in the music library or inbox

Anti

> a song cannot be in a [auto]playlist without first being in the music library or inbox

If he chose 'folders' as the source for his autoplaylist, then it can. He says he used the 'blues' folder as the source.

So to clarify, in preferences -> library -> monitored folders
you have:
· scan on startup
· a checked tickbox next to E:\All Music\
· new file action: either add to library or add to inbox
· automatic sweep disabled

Also, because you say that you're putting the new files into the same nested folders as your current collection, I assume you have 'auto-organise music library files' unticked.

Finally, in preferences -> layout -> left navigator panel, you have a tick in the 'inbox' checkbox. You can see the 'inbox' node in the left panel, and it doesn't have a number next to it. You can click on the inbox, and there are no files in the list?

I also have a question about your workflow. If you are putting untagged or mis-tagged music in with your existing library files, and you want musicbee to scan the folder and add the new tracks, because the tags aren't correct yet, the tracks may not display where you think they will. Eg. If you ripped tracks from a CD, they might be at the end of your library, under the label 'unknown artist' and 'unknown album'. Really you should be fixing tags *before* the tracks are added to the library database.

Also, I don't really understand why you're using such a folder structure. Where does jimi hendrix go, for instance? In the blues folder? The progressive folder? The rock folder? The psychedelic folder? That's why tags are used instead of folder structure; so hendrix can have all three genres attached, whereas the track can only belong in one folder.

Mintschi

Hi,

first I wanna wish you all a happy new year!  ;)

Now, with the following configuration the whole thing seems to work.

thank you,
Mintschi

Paolone

I have the same problem but cant see the final picture with the right configuration -_-

Pingaware

First, try following Anti's steps in the post further up. If that doesn't work, describe what you want to happen and what you're doing and we'll try and help.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Paolone

now it seems to work, but I have one question, it is possible to sort the albums of an artist in the library in a way that I can see first the albums with a year in it and last the others without year?
This is an example:
now i see an artist folderin the library in this way:
Jimi Hendrix  The best of (without year)      Jimi Hendrix Are you experience (1967)
but I want to see it in this way:
Jimi Hendrix Are you experience (1967)    Jimi Hendrix  The best of (without year)