Author Topic: quick poll: how many people use individual track rating?  (Read 23356 times)

BeeBeeKing

Yes I use them, rather essential when you're doing a radio program.....mostly interested in not playing a 'dud' track.

musika

Borgfoot

I'm new to rating songs:  Can anyone enlighten me as to what exactly the "Love" rating does?  I assume it has something to do with last.fm (which I haven't used)

Anti

Yes, the tracks rated 'love' are synced with Last.FM when you connect to 'scrobble' tracks. The 'love' flag can also be used for rules, filters and sorting though, so it may have other uses depending on how you want to utilise it.

'Ban' is the other side to the love flag...

Tracks marked 'ban' will not be added (or will be skipped) in autoplaylists and autoDJ. As opposed to marking a track 1-star and then having to put in a rule in all the playlists/DJ not to play 1-stars, the ban feature is global and requires no rules.

You can also marked tracks to be banned only when the now playing list is shuffling. This is done in the edit -> settings dialogue.

The ban flag can also be used in rules, filters and sorting.

Banned tracks are listed in a section called 'exceptions' when creating a playlist.
To get a nicer list of banned tracks, you can create an autoplaylist using the rule: 'love field = banned'.

An easy way to ban tracks is to press shift when clicking the love icon on the player.
Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:52:50 PM by Anti

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Nope
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

sttrebo

not me, if i'm not interested in the song i delete it.
yup, that's me...

keesdekanadees

Yes I love ratings to help me to select a playlist.
I am song oriented, i can get an album and keep only 1 song.
songs i am not sure about i'm not giving any rating
if i think its ok I"ll give it 1 star, super likes I"ll  5 and then I try to be accurate with deciding something in between.
Since I am new with MB I am not sure yet how to go about the bomb sign
when playing random and I dislike something I"ll delete it on the spot or when I discover something good I rate it  right away if it was not yet.
So it is always a hobby in progress.
When I am in the mood to treat myself I select the 5 star rating songs and play only them randomly but not too often to avoid wearing out songs.
and then out of the blue it seems really interesting to play let's say 3 star songs.
I am also thinking of how I am going about to know what the latest songs are I aquired (some sort of counter?)
I like also to use the mood or occasion or such it becomes work at some point  ;D
For example I play guitar and like to pick out the songs easily which  I am working on or want to work on

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
The bomb sign means the track is 'banned.' All that means is it gets excluded from appearing in a shuffled playlist and whatnot.
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

ma_t14

The bomb sign means the track is 'banned.' All that means is it gets excluded from appearing in a shuffled playlist and whatnot.

Actually that is not the case. The bomb sign is for tracks that are rated as having 0 stars to differentiate between them and unrated tracks. The banned icon that you are talking about looks like this (/). It can be accessed by pressing the shift key and then clicking the icon on the players control panel or through Right-click/edit/settings section of that track.

Tripzone