Author Topic: quick poll: how many people use individual track rating?  (Read 23352 times)

Anti

As the title states, I'm interested in finding out if people generally bother with manually marking individual tracks with a rating.
A simple YES/NO response is fine, but if you want to explain how you use ratings that's fine too.

Thanks.

ma_t14

No, to be honest I haven't bothered much with ratings yet but I plan to in the near future...

Maleko12

Yes, but I only give 5 star ratings to songs I really like, and blank for anything else.

richardap1

Over the last few months I been using it. Even more so now I have the auto album rating set up

ma_t14

Yes, but I only give 5 star ratings to songs I really like, and blank for anything else.

Isn't that what the love button is for, just saying  ::)

voon

phred

• Global Moderator
Nope, no ratings whatsoever.
I never saw a real need for it.  Although after reading many threads about it (mostly here in the MB forums) I can see it's use, but not for me.  I like my music.  That's why I have the CDs and tracks that I have.  Yes, of course there are tracks that aren't as great as others, and that's what the "skip to next track" button is for.  And if -really- dislike a ripped track, I have a DELETE button.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Maleko12

True... it's just out of habit since I had iTunes before MB and the "love" button is for last.fm purposes.

ma_t14

True... it's just out of habit since I had iTunes before MB and the "love" button is for last.fm purposes.

Fair enough but I think "loving" your tracks would be safer considering it will be stored in the cloud and such (you can sync from last.fm if something happens). Just a thought, I don't mean to change your habits  :P

parking

I have a huge library I am trying to work my way thru. On my ipod great tracks get 5 stars, good tracks get 4 stars, spelling  and misnames get 3 stars which indicates they require later adjustments. Tracks I want to delete from database get 1 star. Next time I sync those 1 stars are deleted. Unfortunately, of recent times,  my ratings won't sync back to the database. Don't know what the problem is but can't seem to make it work like it used to.

cartman005

Anti

Thanks for the answers. Very interesting.
Keep 'em coming!

I forgot to include my own current behaviour:
No, I don't use the individual ratings, but recently went through my library adding album ratings.