Author Topic: Disc burner  (Read 27209 times)

Maleko12

I'll get a blank CD sometime soon (hopefully today) and give this a whirl! Excited to use this :)

Steven

• Administrator
Another observation, after I burned the audio cd it seems that the tags of the tracks are missing. I am not that familiar with  burning audio cds so maybe its a limitation I am not aware of..  ::)
the drive/media needs to support CD text, otherwise audio CDs dont store tags. But the API i am using doesnt provide a clear documented way to write CD text.
However the usual way for software players to get tags is from freedb by matching a calculated disc id - in a custom burnt disc it wouldnt match to anything useful.

ma_t14

Another observation, after I burned the audio cd it seems that the tags of the tracks are missing. I am not that familiar with  burning audio cds so maybe its a limitation I am not aware of..  ::)
the drive/media needs to support CD text, otherwise audio CDs dont store tags. But the API i am using doesnt provide a clear documented way to write CD text.
However the usual way for software players to get tags is from freedb by matching a calculated disc id - in a custom burnt disc it wouldnt match to anything useful.

Okay, thanks for the info

phred

• Global Moderator
Nicely done, Steven.

I just burned 37 mp3 tracks to a DVD-RW and they play in my car's disc player.

What I did find interesting is that MusicBee doesn't see the tracks (via the left-panel computer tree and drive letter) if I insert the disc while MB is open.  If MB is closed and then reopened (while the disc is still in the computer's disc drive) MB sees the tracks with no problem once I drill down to the drive on the tree. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Carsten

I actually don't  have to much CD's to waste.

Does the programm recognize that i have a 800 MB CD in the drive?
The CD should support 90 minutes music.

beeing good

I don't expect to need this but it's a great feature for MB to have, thanks Steven.

Steven

• Administrator
I actually don't  have to much CD's to waste.

Does the programm recognize that i have a 800 MB CD in the drive?
The CD should support 90 minutes music.
for reasons unknown to me the microsoft API returns an error when retrieving the disc space for non-blank audio CDs. However once the CD is erased ithe size can be retrieved and the discs required estimate is accurate. So you could find if you actually proceed with the burn that it works with just one CD

Carsten

Steven

• Administrator
apparantly it means that the disc media is not supported by the drive for burning
i wont be able to help you with this but google is your friend here.

Steven

• Administrator
also try erasing the disc using windows disc eraser and then burning with the lowest burn speed
but there are a lot of google matches on that error code

north3rn.thund3r

Just used MB for burning for the first time. Worked great! Only trouble is I can't burn albums longer than 74 minutes despite my blanks capable of holding 80 minutes. Are you looking into getting MB to get passed this? Maybe have the user tell MB how big the blank is if it can't read it itself?

Barbart

Steven, new user from Denmark here... And oh boy do I love your SW... Since installing it yesterday I only slept 4 hours and updated my 10,000 songs, audio-books and podcasts from lousy IT. Great! When my wage comes I'll send you couple of bucks, have Paypal too. This is best free SW I've seen in years!
O/T or rather ON Topic - it's the burning we discuss here, right? - I'd like to send a gift w. 500 mp3 songs to a friend in cancer ward. When I try to burn it stopped at 108 files / 651546 k. My DVD is DVD+R / 4.7 GB, so the 500 songs / 3.1 GB should fit... I tried and tried, still MB asks for 5 discs. Is there a way I can fool the recorder/burner?

Steven

• Administrator
are you burning it as a data disc?

Barbart

Of course, I try to burn DVD+R data disc... I've done it many times w. other programs.
Meanwhile I installed the Beta vers. 2.0.4445 and the dialog window is the same:
http://goo.gl/OnFkA

phred

• Global Moderator
I just tried tried on a DVD+RW and had no problem adding 2185 mb and the dialog shows 1 disc.  The only difference I see between your screenshot and my settings is that I have MP3 CD checked.  Try checking that and please report back.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here