Author Topic: Remember Library Scrolling Position  (Read 6570 times)

beehive

How about an option to remember your last position in the music library when scrolling through your collection. I noticed that it resets to the top of
of collection when you close and restart musicbee. With my large collection it becomes tiresome to scroll and find the last album I was editing. Thanks

Zicmu

First of all, hello from France to every one at MusicBee Forum !

I have quite recently discovered MusicBee, before I was using Foobar and was thinking that no others players could surpass it : I was wrong !

An excellent player indeed, very efficient and eye candy for sure. Much easier to use.

But I would also appreciate if it was possible to scroll back to the current playing album when we leave MusicBee and restart it.

For exemple when we click on the play button it start the last played track, why not also scroll back the Music Library directly to this album?

Such an option would be great and most appreciated!

beehive

I have quite recently discovered MusicBee, before I was using Foobar and was thinking that no others players could surpass it : I was wrong !
An excellent player indeed, very efficient and eye candy for sure. Much easier to use.

Musicbee seems to have that effect on many users, including me. Welcome to Musicbee.

musika

For exemple when we click on the play button it start the last played track, why not also scroll back the Music Library directly to this album?

Such an option would be great and most appreciated!

Preferences > Now Playing > Check "highlight playing track" "and follow it in the main panel". That will highlight the track and display in the main panel too.

Zicmu

Hello all, and Thank you for the welcome.  :)

@beehive : Thanks for the info, it did the trick !

Anti

I think this might be a useful setting/behaviour to have. Especially if it was implemented for each tab individually.

At the moment I have an autoplaylist in an 'Admin' folder which displays the last modified files using the 'date modified' field. So I just highlight a track in that and rightclick -> search -> locate in library (I don't use the hotkey, but there is one if you prefer).

nocmonster

I'm totally in support of this as well! Although it's easy just to click the title of the song listed in the player controls (which immediately scrolls you down to the album you're playing tracks from), it'd be even more convenient just to have it return immediately to the album if you're looking at another tab or section of MusicBee.

stollentroll

+1000
i would happily embrace that (for each tab) !!!

the trick with "now playing" is not the same ..
                                                                                      here is music i play ..
and there is albums i do editing on ..
2 pair of shoes   :D

JaLaRu

Also having an option for this when refreshing would be nice.

Alexis

+1 
nice request.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
it now remembers the selected item/scroll position on restart for each tab - but only if the tab has no filter applied
its in the next version 2 update

edit:
the link
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/ScreenSaver.zip
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:10:14 PM by Steven