Author Topic: Time-stamped lyrics support  (Read 9661 times)

Antonski

Hi Steven,

Can you implement this, please? I loved this feature in WA (by third party plugins, of course). I know that there is also such plugin for FB, but I've never bothered to configure it.
Now, when MB is my default player/organizer, I hope that it will have eventually this functionality implemented.
I think a good site for time-stamped lyrics is http://www.lrcdb.org, it requires registration though (free).
Anyway, it would be important for me to have a possibility for manual editing, not only download and embed to the file.
In the past I've used lyrics3v2 tags (for mp3), but maybe nowadays id3v2 is preferred by majority.
Anyhow, I would actually like to have such support for OggVorbis and Musepack, something that was not available with the other players.
What do you think?

Steven

• Administrator
without having looked at the detail yet i dont expect it will be a problem. I'll finalise the 1.1 release over the next 2 or so weeks assuming all is well and then start looking at the remaining items in the wishlist

Havokdan

Sorry to resurrect the topic, but you can add a player to feature similar to foo_ui_lyrics2 do in foobar2000 with lyrics in. Lrc (both external and in that comes with the file) (something like that makes minilirycs but in the case of foo_ui_lyrics is built into the interface of the program)?

*I even read well the English, but to write depends on online tools, I'm sorry.

Steven

• Administrator
its aleady in the 1.2 beta - see the 1.2 beta downloads topic to install

Havokdan

Does not work here, the letters are displayed like the others, but in a [XX: XX: XX]. But it was. Enjoying the post, you can use the self-organizer to organize the music for two local hd?

Steven

• Administrator
do you have an example where the lyrics are in a .lrc file and musicbee is not displaying the lyrics as centred and synchronised with the song? If so can you email it to me. I will send you a personal message (PM) with my email address.
Keep in mind the .lrc file needs to have the same filename as the music file for it to work.

Havokdan

A is it then, in foobar2000 you can use a. Lrc of the same name or add the tag music, I just tagged "LYRICS" in foobar2000 to lyrics in LRC format, and tag "UNSYNCRONIZED LYRICS" for common. Thank you

Steven

• Administrator
currently musicbee looks for "UNSYNCED LYRICS" which i believe is the foobar standard so can you confirm you really meant "UNSYNCRONIZED LYRICS"

for mp3 files there is a standard tag for synchronised lyrics called SYLT which is what musicbee looks for. Its no problem to also look for LYRICS when reading, but when writing i will stay with the MP3 standard.

So am i correct in understanding that you do not have any problem with .lrc files?

Havokdan

currently musicbee looks for "UNSYNCED LYRICS" which i believe is the foobar standard so can you confirm you really meant "UNSYNCRONIZED LYRICS"

for mp3 files there is a standard tag for synchronised lyrics called SYLT which is what musicbee looks for. Its no problem to also look for LYRICS when reading, but when writing i will stay with the MP3 standard.

So am i correct in understanding that you do not have any problem with .lrc files?

Yes, you are quite right, is "unsynced LYRICS" that foobar2000 uses also wrong because I said I'm not here with fb2k, and said head, with little regard to the name, and also correct in saying that the use fb2k with "LYRICS" for the lrc format. I'll do another test here. But in order to believe his explanation is all resolved, I installed fb2k and added a tag to test again here. Thank you for your attention:) .

My problem is that all .lrc are the tags of songs and that's what I'll see.

Update: Test done. Actually MusicBee not read the tag "LYRICS" foobar that puts the lyrics with karaoke.

Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:40:14 PM by Havokdan

Steven

• Administrator