Author Topic: switch to albums and track layout when there is only one album  (Read 3506 times)

colagen

Hi,
Wouldn't be logical to have directly the track+artwork view when you are in the artwork grid view, but when there is only one album to display ?

Here is a screenshot, the focus is on a artist for which i've got only one album, so there is an extra click to make to see the tracks:

beeing good

I'm not so sure, sounds a bit messy really. I don't know see why to be honest, why when you only have one album?

colagen

Because the advantage of the artwork view (vs the artwork+track view) is that you can see a lot of albums/artists quickly and with a nice image based layout. But when there is only one album to select from, you gain nothing to have the cover alone, and it could be better to directly display the cover + tracks.
But yes maybe, it sound logical for me, but can annoys others. Maybe it can be disturbing.

I just see that there is an option to "switch to album and track layout when drilling-down and viewing the albums for a selected artist", but this option 1:doesn't work when you select the artist from the track browser 2:work when you effectively click on the artist from the artwork view but then the track browser disappear. And here, removing the track browser is really disturbing, no doubts this time :)

I think that the artwork view haven't been designed to work conjointly with the track browser ? But i like to have both, because the track browser is the fastest way to browse the library, and the artwork view is the nicest :)
Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:50:19 PM by colagen

VX

Because the advantage of the artwork view (vs the artwork+track view) is that you can see a lot of albums/artists quickly and with a nice image based layout. But when there is only one album to select from, you gain nothing to have the cover alone, and it could be better to directly display the cover + tracks.

+1 Very reasonable.

jbee

+1. I think it makes a lot of sense.

Maybe the end user could even configure for "how many displayed albums" this should apply, like so: "If no more than X albums are filtered, switch to Album and Track view".

And for those disturb by this eventual feature, of course, as we've come to expect from MusicBee: it should be configurable like everything else! (Thank you Steven for coddling us  ;))

colagen

( Just to add that the problem of the currently existing option to "switch to album and track layout when drilling-down and viewing the albums for a selected artist" which don't work with the track browser is the same when you use the library explorer and select an artist: it won't switch to album+track view and won't neither show directly the albums (but actually i don't use the library explorer so personally  i don't care :) )