Author Topic: Musicbee skin SteelAndBee  (Read 46243 times)

SimonBRT

i've not changed skin in a long time but this is now my default. excellent work!

SimonBRT

would it be possible to look at the mini-player.  currently the song text is black and hard to read and it would be great if the progress bar matched the yellow of the main window (currently its blue).  would be awesome if you could fix this...

Greb

Lovely!

(But I agree about tabs. This blue doesn't fit)

colagen

I've fix these problems, redownload from the first post. The colors of the progress bar in the compact player are switched on purpose, the yellow is used for the remaining time (because it look better this way)

VX

Thank you very much for the great skin.  :)

You should definitely use your skinning skills more often  8)

I've noticed some minor issues that could be improved a bit:
1. change the splash screen to something more original;
2. the volume slider button should become yellow when hovered over to be consistent with other buttons on the player control panel;
3. maybe the ratting stars on the player control panel on the top could be a little bit more yellow ???
Thanks for considering.

SimonBRT

colagen

I've update the skin, which now has narrow scrollbars and 1px borders between the sidebars and main panels. I've also recolored some elements.
The link in the first post has been updated to the last version.

You will need the last version of MusicBee to support all the changes. http://www.mediafire.com/?44zx225nc5hc8ak

Thank you very much for the great skin.  :)

You should definitely use your skinning skills more often  8)

I've noticed some minor issues that could be improved a bit:
1. change the splash screen to something more original;
2. the volume slider button should become yellow when hovered over to be consistent with other buttons on the player control panel;
3. maybe the ratting stars on the player control panel on the top could be a little bit more yellow ???
Thanks for considering.

Thanks for the nice words. Sorry for your requests, i can't do any of them.
1: I think i won't manage to do something better than the actual splash screen made by RothemK, which looks excellent.
2: It's impossible to do that for the moment
3: Maybe it can be tweaked, but i don't know how :(

beeing good

Is there any chance you could do a dark edition of this? Your skin in the colours of the default Dark skin would be perfect for me. I would do it myself but I don't understand how to edit the .xmlc skins.

l.dc

Beautiful work. I want to add that the star ratings are not very clear (the rating and the blank stars look VERY similar in contrast). Also, like someone else said, a darker version would be welcome.

But beautiful work as it is :D

Steven

• Administrator
these control the star ratings:
main panel
<!-- 64-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Default" fg="127,127,127" fg2="230,230,230" />
<!-- 65-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Highlight" fg="255,255,255" fg2="200,202,204" />
<!-- 66-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Lowlight" fg="255,255,255" fg2="200,202,204" />

main player - default
<!-- 79-->  <element id="Player.StarRating.Default" fg="0,0,0"/>
<!-- 80-->  <element id="Player.StarRating.Lowlight" fg="0,0,0" />

main player - overrides when docked at the top
<!-- 79-->  <element id="PlayerTop.StarRating.Default" fg="0,0,0"/>
<!-- 80-->  <element id="PlayerTop.StarRating.Lowlight" fg="0,0,0" />

mini-player
<!-- 99-->  <element id="MiniPlayer.StarRating.Default" bg="180,180,180" fg="230,230,230"/>
<!-- 100-->  <element id="MiniPlayer.StarRating.Lowlight" fg="180,180,180"/>

tag editor
<!-- 136-->  <element id="Controls.StarRating.Default" bg="237,237,237" fg="126,130,135" bdr="237,237,237" />
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:15:41 PM by Steven

bigelow13

SimonBRT

+1 on the slight lack of contrast on the star ratings, it would be nice if ratings stood out a little more.

the more i use this skin the more i love it.  mb may now be about the best looking (as well as best) player out there.

ma_t14

+1 on the slight lack of contrast on the star ratings, it would be nice if ratings stood out a little more.

Another vote for changing the rating contrast

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Actually really like this skin. Thanks muchly
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here