Author Topic: Album view suggestions  (Read 4246 times)

ild2

Hi everyone,
hi Steven,

I sporadicly tried Musicbee since the first betas and I must say it has come a long way. I played with the Artwork layout and have a few suggestions:

- Can you make MB cache the images? Browsing through a lot of albums in artwork view is kind of slow.
- The search bar toggles a seach after every character typed (which triggers a rebuild of the artwork view). Could you add a small delay before (few hundered ms) before the search is considered "finished"?

Steven

• Administrator
i actually already do both!
however for the delay when typing i can increase the delay for the artwork layout.
For the caching, i have a couple of things in mind that can improve the speed for that as well, so will include something in the next update

ild2

Thanks for your reply,

sounds good, I will look forward to future releases  :D

I played with Musicbee some more and found a few more things I'd like to note..:
- the search field doesn't allow the use of ctrl + a to select all text
- Replaygain scanning for WMA is not supported as I see. Is reading of WMA RG tags supported? They don't show up here.
- In preferences: "turn on scrobbling" is already checked. When I uncheck it MB asks for my login. Shouldn't it just uncheck?
- In mini mode: when the preferences are opened from the mini mode context menu they always appear below the window. I have the mini mode window put on the taskbar on the bottom so the preferences window appears mostly off-screen.
- I found a few files in my library that show garbled text for some tags. Can I send you some sample files somewhere?
- When I select an available option for hotkeys, set some key and press "delete" before I assign the key the following error appears:

MusicBee v1.1.3544.12681 (Win6.1), 26 Sep 2009 20:56:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei #=quKhs69E8Lir$jr7iFgGHHDOqvayCPPtbDiz$rsrvMnvGpYKom_h7sd5TdXysT2Bx.#=qXOV1epexpZ0BGB81M22J7BqnYfQddFzmYNEtdJDPJ6M=(Object #=q$pT9ugM$JarRIwPQaFeU1Q==, #=qJWdiUuJ2w$pceHbBW5mRYo6jmmkS7btzdoqRaqY7liXxr9MGt0A$1o3RiklhYagr #=q7cHhTu6N21P4g_fzn7mWAA==)
   bei #=quazrxFQr$szhc5yig$dohxeb__PcHWf3hryEAAkf_AAhi9Qij$ni$BVyBsA9wRjE.OnClick(EventArgs #=qhzSPmOf_OdW8M7TY57fzLw==)
   bei #=quazrxFQr$szhc5yig$dohxeb__PcHWf3hryEAAkf_AAhi9Qij$ni$BVyBsA9wRjE.#=q3O2BsKbhmais8$fvgWAeU7E1OKizoLKDdnP6zL2uXdM=(Object #=qIzyYqRZeqe6nmBNB__dNWA==, EventArgs #=q18eTTC9VX2ID2YAFgNvSvw==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks for your time and have a nice day :)

Steven

• Administrator
to be honest i didnt realise WMA supported replay gain - what software did you use and how are the tags written (eg. REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN) ?

for the sample files i will PM you my email address (or if there a lot of files, just upload to mediafire.com - you dont even need to set up an account for that)

ild2

I use foobar2000 to write WMA RG tags. I think foobar supports RG tags on any format it can write tags to (and if available according to the formats official standard). Yes, I think it uses REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN for WMA.

You got mail ;)

Steven

• Administrator
all the above should be fixed in the latest 1.1 beta, although i gather you havent seen much improvement in the artwork scrolling speed