Author Topic: Recently Added Playlist  (Read 10289 times)

AGuyCalledMike

Today I come to you with what is most like an easily answered question. I was just wondering if there was a a way to set the Recently Added Auto Playlist so that it never auto removes songs from the playlist but rather leaves it up to the user to remove them. I'm imagining something along the lines of mediamonkey's recently added playlist where it keeps the files there until the user manually removes them.

Thanks for hearing me out and I hope someone can find me a solution.  ;)

Steven

• Administrator
you could use the Inbox for that purpose - drag files there, or when scanning new files set the target location to the Inbox

beeing good

Yeah inbox would work best but you can set up an auto playlist for files added after a certain date. Not sure how you could remove them from it though, I suppose you could just press delete and choose delete from playlist?

Anti

As beeing good suggested:

· Create a new playlist. Use the rule: 'date added' 'is after' 25/10/11' to give you a backlog of two months.

· Click on the playlist so the tracks are listed in the main pane.

· Add the 'date added' column (and whatever other columns you want) by right-clicking the column bar.

· Click 'date added' column to sort the newest to the top. The columns and sorting are specific to each auto-playlist, which is
  a FANTASTIC feature. It means that the playlist you just set-up won't affect the display of any of the others. Remember, you
  can use the 'new folder' option to organise your playlists into collapsible groups.

· You can use multiple-highlighting and 'right-click -> remove' to remove tracks from the list. Be careful though, because
  once they're removed I don't think you can easily get them back onto the list (yes, you can - see post below). Alternatively,
  you can edit the rule and move the date forward in time every so often.
Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:57:47 PM by Anti

cartman005

Good idea Anti. A couple of things: when you remove a song from an auto-playlist, it goes to the exception list in the settings of that playlist. So you can easily remove those exceptions.
And it is only auto-playlists keep track of column settings.

Bytor

As beeing good suggested:

· Create a new playlist. Use the rule: 'date added' 'is after' 25/10/11' to give you a backlog of two months.

· Click on the playlist so the tracks are listed in the main pane.

· Add the 'date added' column (and whatever other columns you want) by right-clicking the column bar.

· Click 'date added' column to sort the newest to the top. The columns and sorting are specific to each auto-playlist, which is
  a FANTASTIC feature. It means that the playlist you just set-up won't affect the display of any of the others. Remember, you
  can use the 'new folder' option to organise your playlists into collapsible groups.

· You can use multiple-highlighting and 'right-click -> remove' to remove tracks from the list. Be careful though, because
  once they're removed I don't think you can easily get them back onto the list (yes, you can - see post below). Alternatively,
  you can edit the rule and move the date forward in time every so often.

Nice!, Now I can have a playlist of all the music that I have added in the current year. Love this music player.