Author Topic: Sort by queue position  (Read 2750 times)

ultrasbz

Hello!

It has been discussed in a few threads that a "queue manager" similar to that of WinAMP would come in really handy to organize "the playlist inside the playlist" business, especially when Now Playing is on shuffle.

I think a good compromise for this, and this should be fairly fast to implement, would be if we could sort in Now Playing Assistant by the queue position as well (we can currently sort by position in Now Playing, Artist, Title..). What I'm talking about is the very first column where the queue position number appears in a tiny square.

Thanks.

cartman005

I think if you use AutoDJ with selection mode: random, it does basically this where you can see what will be played next, in order.

ultrasbz

I may have not understood you well but it doesn't seem quite the same thing.

The point of the whole thing is I would like to see the next queued songs in order, but I don't wan't to know what it's going to play after that, because it will spoil the fun  :)

It is very convenient that when shuffle is on, you don't know what track is next. You basicaly have a huge list of songs in Now Playing and the current song just jumps around in the list as it changes. That is exactly what I want. Only, when I do queue a specific list of songs, I'd like to be able to see them at the top of the list, not scroll all over the place in a 6000+ list. For this a sort by queue position would have been useful.

Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:32:49 AM by ultrasbz

Steven

• Administrator
when i come to do this, your suggestion of doing it in the now playing assistant was how i was thinking of implementing it

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
6000 songs would be ~16days of music based on each song being ~4mins long. I'd never have that many queued tbh
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a "Play Queue" tab to the now playing assistant that allows you to manage queued tracks
http://www.mediafire.com/?cjl6hav9scjiscv

if you have tracks queued, you can also invoke the dialog from right click on the now playing list/ Manage Play Queue

i have tested but it needs more testing, so keep a copy of your current version in case you want to revert