Author Topic: MTP Device Not Recognized in MusicBee  (Read 35756 times)

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using Vista or above, i believe the api's I use are natively supported by Windows so you should be able to remove WMP.

However for XP, the necessary DLL's need to be installed. There are 3 ways i believe that can be acheived:
- have WMP 11 installed (which of course you want to get rid of)
- have WMP 11 runtime installed - a link is provided in prior posts on this topic and should be your best bet, but seems it didnt work for the person who tried it although its supposed to
- have WMP 11 SDK installed (which i think will probably take as much space as WMP itself so probably no point)

thats the only ways i know

netean

Hi again

I now have a new desktop machine, running Windows 7. I've not tried attaching my Nokia N95 to the new PC until now.

WIndows detects if fine, I can open, copy to and from the machine without problem.

Musicbee doesn't see it. Tried rebooting, ensured I have the latest version 1.2.3705
Checked the "Detect mtp devices"
Connected N95 as Media Player (which is MTP mode)

not sure what else to do?

It's not a big problem, as I said, this is the first time I've plugged into the pc in about 2months.. so I'll manage!

Steven

• Administrator
i'm pretty sure others have been able to use Nokias, so could you check the file:
Interop.PortableDeviceApiLib.dll
in the MB application folder - if it doesnt have a date modified of feb this year then thats why its not working - it should be included with the beta distributions

netean

Hi Steven

Apologies for slow response.

My copy of Interop.PortableDeviceApiLib.dll is dated 07/02/2010 07:28

Still no joy.. but it's not a big deal.. I'll manage without it.

donjulien

My situation seems to be about the same as netean's: my Windows Mobile phone is correctly recognized by Windows Media Player 11, Winamp, Media Monkey, Songbird and JRiver Media Center. I just updated to MB's new beta, including the additional file for device sync update, but nothing.

As with netean, it's not a reason good enough to quit using MB and go back to any of the aforementioned; I've installed WM5torage to use my phone's micro SD card as a thumbdrive and I'm done. But there must be a way...

Steven

• Administrator
which os version are you using? if its XP you need windows media player 11 installed

donjulien

donjulien

I have found a workaround!

Today I thought of a way to get those media files inside my WinMo phone: cecopy.exe!

cecopy.exe is a program used to copy files from/to your phone, and it is included in the Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys, freely available at Microsoft site.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=74473FD6-1DCC-47AA-AB28-6A2B006EDFE9&displaylang=en

Once installed, I go to MB Preferences > Tools and configure it:
Name: [Whatever you want]
Application path: <full path to>\cecopy.exe
Parameters: "<URL>" "dev:\Storage Card\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Artist> - <Title>.<.Ext>"

With these parameters, my files goes to the micro SD card (not the internal memory), under the "Music" folder, creating the full <Album Artist>\<Album> path, and giving the file the name <Disc-Track#> - <Artist> - <Title>.<.Ext>, Of course, you can change this path to whatever works for you.

Don't forget to check the option "wait for application to exit before next file is sent", otherwise you'll clog the data channel to your device trying to copy all the files at once.

You get an ugly command-line window, but it gets the trick done, and in this window you can find out the progress of the copying process.

Steven

• Administrator
donjulien, could you try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ywljmomwmqd

if it works, it will show 0 as the free space or capacity on the device - at least in one other persons' case, the device doesnt support this property