Author Topic: Problem with iPod nano  (Read 21362 times)

toology

First of all, this is not my iPod so I may be slow at additional testing. I tried to add songs to a second generation Nano, a new window opened and next to all tracks was the message Copy failed. I tried dragging from Now playing to the ipod library view (not allowed) and to ipods music icon on the left column (same thing). The same ipod later synced fine with foobar + iPod manager component (just added files to a playlist and selected Send files to iPod).

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me the error log entries from View/Error Log for that time

toology

I now see what the problem is:

21.4.2009 22:25:38 - System.Exception: Add I:\Metal\I\In Flames\2008 A Sense of Purpose\05-Im_the_Highway-FYU.mp3 to H:\ ---> SharePodLib.Exceptions.UnsupportedITunesVersionException: The iPod database failed to pass the SharePodLib compatibility test.  All iPod update features are disabled.  Upgrading the iPod to the latest iTunes version should fix the issue.

I deliberatly didn't update that ipod's database revision so that I could keep it compatible with linux  and windows non iTunes software. They are all probably up-to-speed now just like musicbee's sharepod library, but about a year ago the latest database broke compatibility with Amarok, Banshee and Foobar.

Steven

• Administrator
ok thanks for the info - i will make the error handling better so it shows the message rather than a generic copy failed message