Author Topic: scroll wheel volume tweaks  (Read 3735 times)

cxskate

I would like volume control from the scroll wheel outside of the taskbar and from musicbee. At this point you have to navigate/hover the taskbar to get control.. I've had other players that had the ability from anywhere, as long as they were selected (or even if they weren't selected, you could hover over it and it would work too!)

The three players at this point also all behave slightly differently..

Wish I could do the tweaking myself I don't know how you do it Steven!

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
This would need to be switchable somehow. I can't stand that
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

ma_t14

I actually don't get what this request is about?  :-\

cxskate

use the scroll mouse wheel to adjust the volume from more mouse locations, outside of the mb window.

ma_t14

Yeah I obviously understand the general idea  ;D

The problem is with the specifics... I think it was like this before (maybe  not quite) but have a look at this thread that caused a change to the  current implementation:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2920.0

ma_t14

Basically you want MusicBee to keep focus on its taskbar icon, so that volume can be changed, even if you move  the cursor away from it. But I don't see much point in this because as soon as you click somewhere else the focus will be set to the object you were clicking on. To change the volume you will have to move the cursor over the musicbee icon again. Am I missing something here?  :-\

cxskate

it does help though, winamp uses it. even mb's mini player does.. but also just mouse-over doing it would be cool.. i usually use windowed modes on my windows and see mb off to the side..