Author Topic: Change audio output device on-the-fly  (Read 10531 times)

CroScorpiuS

Not much explanation needed, I want it to be able to change the output device on the fly (switch between headphones and speakers). Windows's tool for doing this is not reliable nor flexible enough as it sometimes does not change the output device and if I want one application running on one device and an other on a different device I can't do that in Windows. 

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
What so we could leave our headphones plugged into the headphone port in the PC speakers then use MB to decide where the audio comes out from?
I'd find that well handy so +1 if that is correct
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
until something is implemented,
if you use v1.4 with windows 7 and directsound, then you can assign the output device to the first "Primary Device"
then you can dynamically change the output device using the windows control panel.

JoaoPaulo

This would be a great feature, since there is no other player (to my knowledge) that can do this,

besides that, I´m using MB in two different audio systems, with two dacs and same laptop...It would make my life easier... :)

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a right click command on the main panel when more than one device is available
right click/ Play More.../ Output To/ select device

i might add hotkeys at a future point

JoaoPaulo

ma_t14

kstuart

Any chance that this could be automatically selected by file type ?

Some audiophile-style DACs are stereo only, and I am considering getting one, and would want the DTS and other surround music to go instead to the SPDIF to the A/V receiver...

JoaoPaulo

Don´t know if it´s possible, but in future updates, maybe the audio output device list (as it is on preferences -> player -> sound device) could appear on the left... below library, playlists, computer...

Any change in the output device would be fast and easy...  :)

Using hotkeys would also be a good idea.

Steven

• Administrator
i will consider that for a future update but what i have done now is added a right click menu command to the player panel that is a little more direct than the current menu item.

[email protected]

The right click option is great.  Does it or can it include Airplay?