Hi, guys. This is a work-in progress plugin, but I think it is in decent-enough state to get some feedback. There are some essential features I want to implement first before submitting it as a plugin.
Chapter List | MB is an upgrade of a Winamp-based widget
for the ClassicPro plugin. It allows the user to manually
create saved points within tracks and give them names, just like DVDs and Blu-rays have chapters. You can add, remove and give titles to chapters with Chapter List | MB. Data is persisted through XML files that are located at the tracks' file paths.
My first priority was to get 100% backward compatibility with my hundreds of existing Chapter List XML files and to match all of the original's features, such as chapter repeating.
Here are some of Chapter List | MB's features as they compare to the original widget.Original features, implemented and/or improved
• Create and remove chapters (manually
!) at any point within a track's duration.
- Added a combo box with common chapter titles to use for newly created chapters.
• Give custom names to chapters
- Renaming is done directly in the cell, instead of in a separate text box.
• Jump to chapter positions by double-clicking
• Save chapters in XML format
- Possibility for new chapter format to save additional information
• Chapter repeating
- Original CL could only repeat a chapter to the subsequent chapter. CL|MB has full A-B repeating between any set of chapters.New Features vs. Chapter List
• Toolstrip bar on the bottom displays current song and current chapter.
• Chapter positions can be nudged forwards and backwards by 200ms (user configurable in the future) to fine-tune where a chapter begins. Hold Shift to move by 4x (currently 800 ms).
• Full row highlighting for current chapter. (Colors user configurable in the future)Known Issues
• Characters that could be invalid in XML aren't dealt with properly.
• The first column has ugly placeholder image icons appear for a fraction of a second if you add or remove a chapter.
• User settings are partially implemented, but for now there's no way to set them.
• I'm still trying to figure out how to load the plugin on MusicBee launch without the form blowing up.
• Sometimes removing a chapter causes the currently playing chapter to not display, but it should correct itself when the next chapter is reached.
• I'd love to integrate this plugin's into MusicBee's interface.... as soon as I figure out how to do it.
• Visual Studio's default icon
• When the artist - title | chapter # - chapter name toolstrip is too long, it appears blank. Expand the window horizontally to see everything.
The binary and source are available at my GitHub. Detailed instructions on how to use it are also available.https://github.com/Eincrou/ChapterList-MB/releases
Here's an image to show you when CL|MB can be really