Author Topic: random # instead of 1st # / play album queues only album  (Read 4347 times)

cxskate

I'd totally like if MB didn't play the first track of an album when you play it, with shuffle on.

Also, MB queues up all the albums around it in Album View, even if you either right click on it and choose play album or click the play button that shows up from hover over the album. not sure if that is a bug.

Steven

• Administrator
I'd totally like if MB didn't play the first track of an album when you play it, with shuffle on.

Also, MB queues up all the albums around it in Album View, even if you either right click on it and choose play album or click the play button that shows up from hover over the album. not sure if that is a bug.

could you describe how you think it should work with shuffle on - i assume you are referring to when Shuffle By Album is enabled

for the 2nd point, its determined by the Now Playing/ Play Now settings. However i will be revisiting how the Now Playing list is populated with albums. The way its done now is consistent with the Now Playing settings but i do think its not ideal for albums

cxskate

I'd like shuffle to play a random song from the album and never ONLY the first track first.. It does that now if you double click an album title in the track browser or if in the main panel you hit the play icon in album view, or right click & play album. Not sure why it does the 1st track first for albums when shuffle is on? It seems like a design you wanted to put in but I would really like it to be more random..

it's with both shuffle modes..
Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:59:47 PM by cxskate

Benke

I have to second the first problem regarding that its always the 1:st track being played when playing an album when Shuffle is enabled. After the 1:st song is played a random song is being picked so first after that it is really shuffling. When I click on an album in Shuffle mode I don't expect/want to - always - hear the first track.

Steven

• Administrator
are you using version 2 and if so what are the album settings in the Now Playing/ Shuffle settings panel

Benke

I'm using the latest 2.0 patch. In the Shuffle settings only the combobox "Random" is selected. None of the album check boxes.

Benke

Checking the "Group by Album" and "Shuffle Album Track" the shuffling works as expected. But what other things do these settings affect?

Logically I think that random always should randomize the first track as default.

Benke

It seems like this setting solution is not solving my problem without introducing a new one.

From my experiance when selecting "group by album" and "shuffle album tracks", having a playlist of many different artists, the shuffle when stumpled upon one of several tracks from a specific album will shuffle the album songs completely and then afterwards move on to other albums.

This might be a good feature for some but the bug I reported was that when playing an album and having shuffle enabled always starts with the first track. This I don't think should be the expected behavior even when having "group by album" and "shuffle album tracks" deselected. Can this be fixed?

(Thanks for a great audio player!)

Steven

• Administrator
its not a bug and is the intended behavior for the first album track to be played ie. the entire album is being shuffled but still plays the selected album from the first track.
unless you have shuffle tracks in the album ticked, then it starts from a random track inside the album
Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:33:06 PM by Steven

Benke

OK, I don't agree with the design but if its intentional then fine. :) Thanks anyway!