Author Topic: Cataloging and playing DSD files  (Read 63663 times)

redwing

They are all DSF files and rescanning makes no differences. For some reason MB can show for some and cannot for others.
Can you support the same format like "2.4 GB" for files larger than 2 GB? Perhaps that might make differences.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

It's become worse. It now shows "N/A" for most files larger than 2 GB.

Steven

• Administrator

ChilliMeat

The Music Center for PC from Sony is next application which fully support native DSD with TEAC AI-301DA. But from the user experience this app is not as good as the MusicBee. Actually it’s sucks  :D I really hope that Steven will figure out what causing the problem with broken native DSD playing within the MusicBee.

ChilliMeat

Not sure if this helps, but I downloaded the Bassasio component from un4seen.com and tried the "dsdtest.exe" in the archive to play some DSF file and it works flawlessly in raw DSD.

Steven

• Administrator
i noticed there is a more recent bassdsd.dll file available, so could you try replacing the existing one in the folder where MB is installed

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bsbh6sc3peziwf7/bassdsd.dll

ChilliMeat

I’ve already tried that yesterday, but it didn’t help. The "dsdtest.exe" works same with "bassdsd.dll" version 2.4.0.2 and 2.4.1.2.

redwing

Sample rate for DSD files is incorrectly displayed.

All DSD files have sample rate of 2822400 Hz. Try with Mp3tag and foobar.

Another issue is inconsistent format.
It shows 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz, then why not 88.2 kHz instead of 88 kHz?

Steven

• Administrator
I am getting the sample rate from the bass api but in any case i see what you say is true so i will override it. You will need to rescan the relevant files

emmecì

Dear Steven, I'm afraid the problem persists: DSF files will be played at 88khz (my dacs display reports 88khz playback rate)
Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:49:05 PM by mirkocosta

Steven

• Administrator
The sample rate field is the sample rate of the source data, not the playback rate.
For DSD, unless you have configured the ASIO output mode for native DSD format, the DSD data is converted to PCM at the appropriate sample rate

emmecì

Ok but the source of that particular sample is not 88k.
You can listen and see with your eyes, sample on the following page (DSD64 played as 88k on latest musicbee, no matter what): https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

redwing

Ok but the source of that particular sample is not 88k.
You can listen and see with your eyes, sample on the following page (DSD64 played as 88k on latest musicbee, no matter what): https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

What version of MB are you running?