Author Topic: HEOS support  (Read 2715 times)

zehuti

HEOS (Home Entertainment Operating System) is a wireless multi-room audio platform from Denon that is featured on selected wireless powered speakers, receivers/amps, and soundbars from the Denon and Marantz product brands. HEOS works through your existing LAN \ WiFi home network.

It would be a good idea to add HEOS support in MB. There is no windows player in the world that have HEOS support for now.

A lot of DENON and MARATNZ users around the world will be happy about it.

HEOS is like DLNA\UPnP but with more options and easy to implement.

Control protocol for HEOS is on the DENON site

https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5744/~/heos-control-protocol-%28cli%29

Adding HEOS also adds support to stream music from the following services:

Amazon Music
    Deezer
    iHeart Radio
    Pandora
    Mood Mix
    Napster
    Sirius/XM
    SoundCloud
    Spotify
    TIDAL
    Tune-In

MB can be the first windows player with HEOS support 😃
Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:40:58 PM by zehuti

phred

• Global Moderator
Sounds more like a candidate for a plug-in. I can't see Steven devoting much time to such a niche audience. (I'm saying 'niche audience' because in all the years I've been using MB, this is the first time I've heard of HEOS.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zehuti

HEOS was introduced for the first time in 2014 by Denon.

btw maybe this will help https://github.com/juliuscc/heos-api

or anything with HEOS from github

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the link.

In the nine-plus years I've been here, HEOS hasn't been mentioned once. A quick search of the forum brings up exactly one hit - yours.

Don't take me the wrong  way. I'm not arguing with you. I won't use it as I'm not an audiophile - simply a music lover. But if there's been no mention of it here, no requests for support, and it was introduced five years ago, it's definitely for a niche audience. And therefore more a user-developed plugin, than something hard-wired into MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
HEOS is like DLNA\UPnP but with more options and easy to implement.
It seems to be a Denon-specific implementation of a UPnP music server (Yamaha's equivalent is called MusicCast) - what would you gain that isn't already possible with the UPnP plug-in to serve music to your receiver?

Adding HEOS also adds support to stream music from the following services:

Amazon Music
    Deezer
    iHeart Radio
    Pandora
    Mood Mix
    Napster
    Sirius/XM
    SoundCloud
    Spotify
    TIDAL
    Tune-In
Those services would still need to be handled by the receiver - MusicBee doesn't know anything about them.
Bee excellent to each other...

zehuti

It seems to be a Denon-specific implementation of a UPnP music server (Yamaha's equivalent is called MusicCast) - what would you gain that isn't already possible with the UPnP plug-in to serve music to your receiver?

Those services would still need to be handled by the receiver - MusicBee doesn't know anything about them.

Basically its all what you can do with HEOS devices from aap on the phone\tablet. Ability to turn on and off devices. Play different streams to each device or group some of them as one.