Author Topic: Radio Dig - List of auto generated music urls.  (Read 18717 times)

e-motiv

Finally!!  ;D

Description:
Sometimes radio sites and other "regular audiocasts" are played by a player that can only be run from a their site. The URLs of the music streams are often hidden. If you want to play this in your music player you will have to find back the URL (e.g. with WireShark), but then the story is not finished. Since we are talking about regular releases, the url changes by day or hour for example. This plugin just let you list all those URLs once you found out how they work.

Download:
Beta - Radio Dig 0.1.245 (2011-11-25)

Install:
Extract the files to "Plugins" folder of your MusicBee Application folder.
Drop the xml file in your MusicBee Settings folder (Windows: %appdata%/MusicBee) if you want an example with Klara - Mixtuur Radio

Use:
Check: Preferences > Plugins and (Menu) Tools > Radio Dig

Pre-configured dig
An example of one of my favorite streams of a local station (style musique concrète). Klara - Mixtuur.

Bugs & Comments & Feature requests:
By replying on this topic!
Also tell me if you like this.
Share your Digs and I will post them here too!

Thanks to Steven , boroda74, Elberet and all others that helped me!
Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:35:04 PM by R U Bn ?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator

e-motiv

Really?  I just logged out the download site, cleared my cookies and the link works? What do you get as result?
You do have to wait some seconds though as a non registered user, below premium download.
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator
link is downloading now.
When i open Tools/ Radio Dig nothing happens - could you give an example of a valid name and url i could use in the plugin settings?

e-motiv

Did you put the xml file in your settings folder?
Anyway, here is an exact URL from that xml:  http://download.streampower.be/vrt/klara/31_KL§yyMMdd§QLAT-snip_hi.mp3

Steven

• Administrator
i put the settings file in the directory the plugin was installed.
but typing the link you gave worked thanks.
I dont know what the limitations are with the external station API you are using but if it was possible to include a name rather than just the station link would be helpful - as it stands i see a bunch of links that dont mean anything to me but clicking them works very well

e-motiv

i put the settings file in the directory the plugin was installed.
The xml had to go in your "settings" folder.   ;D
I dont know what the limitations are with the external station API you are using but if it was possible to include a name rather than just the station link would be helpful - as it stands i see a bunch of links that dont mean anything to me but clicking them works very well
I wanted that, but did not know how ? I use API  1.5.8 and the Queue functions just have one parameter, URL. Or is it done with another function?

(P.S. Meanwhile I have found a bug with saving settings and added a "-" (minus) button, but I'll wait for your answer to update that one.)

Steven

• Administrator
if you use Application.StartupPath i think that should tell you the where MB is running from and if you append Plugins to that then it could look in the Plugins folder for the file
I think asking people to find the settings folder would be too hard for a lot of people

Steven

• Administrator
for the API i suspect i would need to enhance it but i wont be able to look at it until the next release is started - prob later next week

e-motiv

if you use Application.StartupPath i think that should tell you the where MB is running from and if you append Plugins to that then it could look in the Plugins folder for the file
I think asking people to find the settings folder would be too hard for a lot of people

Hmmm.. you are right about the settings folder to be hard to be found, however:

-A Settings folder is something that is backed up more frequently (usually in data backups of windows backup - programs) and can be transferred more easily.

-It's the folder you suggested yourself indirectly via Setting_GetPersistentStoragePath

-I could make it so that if NO settings are found the Klara example loads itself hard coded copies itself from the Plugins folder (bc. the xml file makes itself if none resident)

(EDIT) If anyone knows other "hidden radios" on the internet, I am happy to include them in the default file
I think I am gonna do it that way.  But I am open for further arguments..

Solution was copying from "Plugins App. folder" to "Settings folder" if nothing there.

for the API i suspect i would need to enhance it but i wont be able to look at it until the next release is started - prob later next week
OK, great! 
While you're at it and if you find the time:, I am also having troubles now if one deletes some Radio Dig URLS (in Settings), to clean the menu.  So, for example, having "MB_AddMenuItem" return the menu item object (a ToolStripDropDownItem or alike) would help to clear it. (Unless I do a fake click handler, but that's ugly.)
Of course, my other requests would be much better (not having to use the menu, but some Navigator (or other) Panel option or a panel of my own!   ;D
Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:58:37 PM by R U Bn ?

e-motiv

I wanted that, but did not know how ? I use API  1.5.8 and the Queue functions just have one parameter, URL. Or is it done with another function?
Steven, any way you could help me with this further? I still don't know how to do what you want, and I want it too!  :)

Steven

• Administrator
i dont know what you want help with.
if you want to set the Title tag on a auto-generated station that has a http:// path, you can do so now. Just call the Library_SetFileTag function and the Library_CommitTagsToFile function

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1972.msg26922#msg26922

e-motiv

I clearly missed that in regards to this issue.
Thanks!