Author Topic: Improved Allmusic album and biography lookup.  (Read 4037 times)

Peekstra

In Foobar I used two vbs scripts to retrieve the album and biography articles from Allmusic. It would be great if MB could also directly get the article by using similar logic instead of presenting a webpage where you have to search for the correct result.

As far as I can see the scripts just search for the artist and then search the results again for the album or biography info. For me, it nearly always gets the right results and implementing this in MB would make the Allmusic lookups a lot more comfortable.

thanks!

PS The scripts aren't copyrighted but I'm still reluctant to post them here. I'll gladly PM the link to the public forum where they were posted by the author or send them directly.

Steven

• Administrator
you can configure a tab on the artist biography panel to lookup allmusic. If you do a forum search its been discussed a couple of times - i think its in the how to section

Peekstra

I already searched the forums and implemented those URL's but they "just" display the Allmusic search results page for albums (should have added this to my post).

So you still have to navigate to the correct pages while using the script it directly presents the correct info in case of an album lookup because just searching Allmusic on an album title often produces a lot of results by different bands.

If a future version of MB could allow the usage of external scripts as well as URL's it would really improve results for AMG and possibly also for other sites.

So a script could:

- return the text of the page to display in MB

or

- return the url which could be displayed by MB

thanks!