Author Topic: iPod Classic (120gb fw1.62) - Not syncing all playlists  (Read 5100 times)

PureLoneWolf

Hi all

I have just switched from Mediamonkey to Musicbee and am loving the experience so far.

Last night, I synced around 70gb of music and another 4gb of Audiobooks and everything went brilliantly.  The issue I am having, is that when I tell it to sync the playlists, it seems to do it...but only 3 playlists are ever shown on the device.   When I browse the device through Musicbee, it shows all of the playlists...but when I eject and look on the device, only 3 are ever available.

I have tried rebooting the device, but this didn't have any effect.  I deleted the playlists (leaving the music on the device) and tried a number of times..but it doesn't seem to want to do it.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

******UPDATE*******
I just tried to manually drag and drop the playlists, and this worked OK...so it is by no means the end of the world, but would be interested in being able to sync more than 3 playlists automatically...if there is something I am doing wrong, or can adjust.

Thanks
Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:21:36 AM by PureLoneWolf

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not going to be able to help much here as the iPod library MusicBee uses is no longer supported.
Perhaps its just one of the playlists causing problems, so you could set the 2nd tab of the sync settings to a few specific playlists that you know have worked and then increase the playlists in the sync list from that.
If thats not the solution, you could try resetting the device using iTunes and resynching everything, but i'm not sure if the latest iTunes versions do anything to mess with third party tools if you did that, and there is no guarantee it would fix the problem

PureLoneWolf

Hi Steven

Thanks for that.  I did try changing the sync'd playlists...I would get different ones each time, but only 3 of them each time.  I think the playlists are ok, as manually dragging and dropping is absolutely no problem at all.

When you say unsupported, is this likely to be updated in the future?  Or is there a way to add another way to handle iPods?

I have never used iTunes to manage the iPod (I refuse to install it) and so the device software will never be updated...so it probably won't affect me anyway though.

Video99

I have the same Player (iPod Classic 120GB).  My firmwareversion is v2.01PC and seems to be the latest.
For testing I put 10 Playlists into AutoSyncSettings for the Ipod. I have no problems to sync Playlists in this manner.

Hope that helps.