Author Topic: Use albumgain when transcoding  (Read 2268 times)

Peekstra

I would like to see an option to use the albumgain tag (if present) instead of having Musicbee compute this. This would save time when synchronizing and songs without an album in the tag would get a proper volume.

For a example: when a band has songs which first appeared as a single I don't add an album tag and put them in a singles folder. Because those tracks can have different masterings, applying album gain would produce incorrect results. An other solution would be to calculate track gain when no album info is present. But if a collection has correct album gains (as in my case) I would prefer the first option.

thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
unless i am misunderstanding what you are saying, MB already has an option to level volume to the album gain value on the device settings. When the file is transcoded the replay gain value already stored (or track if album not available) is applied to the volume so the transcoded file will play at the leveled volume - it doesnt recompute that value.

Peekstra

I assumed that the level volume meant that it was MusicBee's own thing but it's already working the way I would like it to do.  :P

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Steven

• Administrator
well it sort of is its own thing in that its not storing the replay gain tag in the transcoded file - its adjusting the physical volume based on the replay gain tag value (only for transcoded files). The reason is most players dont support replay gain tags