Author Topic: Album Art Exchange as source  (Read 3652 times)

awise107

My #1 favorite website for high quality album art is AlbumArtExchange.com. I was hoping to see the site implemented into MusicBee as an available source for tagging album art like Amazon, Discogs, google, etc. are used now.

I know that the site doesn't have an available API, but it seems to have a search feature which could be treated similarly to how Google is currently in the auto-tagger. The only problem I can see is that it requires a login to the site's forum to continue using the site without having to enter capcha codes every x amount of times you click on an image.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the request. Thanks for taking a look!

cartman005

MusicBee used to have them as a source until the owner got all uptight and posted a snotty message on this forum telling Steven to remove support for the site. They are really uptight and only want people to get the art on their site.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=457.0

awise107

I see. Thanks for the info. Sorry for bringing it up again, could've sworn I didn't see a thread about the site before I made my own.

I mean, I can see how the guy wouldn't want people flooding his site with traffic... but I don't think what the site's users are doing is any better. Oh well.

Are there any other sites similar to AAX that could be used instead?

cartman005

No problem. Yes I understand the sites concerns for bandwidth. Its just the way they went about it is kind of mean. They are trying to lock users in. And its not like Steven is charging for the use of MusicBee... But I digress.

Anyways, I don't know of another site with the size and quality of AAEX. Others may have suggestions.

Honestly I just use Google now for all of my artwork. Their new "search by image" feature and the Similar and More Sizes links on all of the images has let me find 500x500px images for almost everything.

stevepaul

I use Bing Image search, I find it is slightly better than Google Image for older Album Artwork ...

ma_t14

I use Bing Image search, I find it is slightly better than Google Image for older Album Artwork ...

Maybe bing image search should be added also, what do you think?