Author Topic: Disc & track no -> Overall track no for device export / batch convert  (Read 6516 times)

rawling

Since my MP3 player seems to ignore the disc number tag  :-\

It would be nice if there was an option to convert

Disc 1 Track 1 ... Disc 1 Track (n), Disc 2 Track 1 ... Disc 2 Track (m), Disc 3 Track 1 ...

to

Track 1 ... Track n, Track (n+1) ... Track (n+m), Track (n+m+1) ...

for any multi-disc albums when synchronising, but to preserve the original details in the library.

It'd also be handy to have this option under Convert Format too. (That's how I have to sync with my own audio player, because it doesn't preserve Last Modified dates.)

boroda

Try to use this plugin. Download latest ASR presets and install them also.

Them use 'Add up to 2 leading zeros' on track # to expand track # to 2 digits for all files in your library. Then use 'copy tag' command to append disk # to the end of track # placing between them '/' or '-'. You will end up with track # in format '##-#'. Though track #'s will be changed in your library, you wont loose any info.
Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:39:07 AM by boroda74

rawling

Wouldn't the disc number need to go in front?
I already have a workaround that involves changing track numbers in the library; I think it'd be nice to have a fix that doesn't require this.

boroda

Wouldn't the disc number need to go in front?
Of course. My mistake :)
Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:59:19 PM by boroda74

TullariS

Since my MP3 player seems to ignore the disc number tag  :-\

It would be nice if there was an option to convert

Disc 1 Track 1 ... Disc 1 Track (n), Disc 2 Track 1 ... Disc 2 Track (m), Disc 3 Track 1 ...

to

Track 1 ... Track n, Track (n+1) ... Track (n+m), Track (n+m+1) ...

for any multi-disc albums when synchronising, but to preserve the original details in the library.

It'd also be handy to have this option under Convert Format too. (That's how I have to sync with my own audio player, because it doesn't preserve Last Modified dates.)

I would like to also request this feature.

BusicBee already has similar things to this - "replace artist tag with sort-artist" and "artwork storage". This new option could either do an absolute track numbering as suggested by rawling or a TV Show-like numbering (eg. 101, 102, 103....201,202,203...).

We could edit our library but since this is a limitation of MP3 players, it makes more sense to make a conversion on synchronisation.

Thank you

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree this would be useful.  I use Picard to give all my multi-disc albums absolute numbering, but in your case I think you can use the Renumber Tracks command (under Tools) as a workaround, until or unless it's implemented for the ripping dialog.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

TullariS

Hey all!

+1 for me. Still use an old Creative ZEN MP3 player and it completely ignores disc numbers. And the same goes for the OS on my car, which is recent.

It can simply be a matter of either renumbering to absolute numbering (based on disc/track/etc sort order). This would go well with files without disc and/or track numbers on them.