Author Topic: Musicbee hangs on transcoding specific songs  (Read 6674 times)

Peekstra

Hi,

I just installed Musicbee to sync my music collection to my Android's external SDCARD.

As I have lots of lossless files (ALAC) I've configured Musicbee to transcode them. However, Musicbee gets stuck on the encoding of three of them.

The CPU monitor clearly shows all four cores being loaded for 100% when this happens.

When I restart Musicbee again hangs on the same three files thus making it impossible to finish the sync... but easier to debug the problem  ;)

I hope that someone can look into this, thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
it sounds like the encoder you are using cannot handle those 3 files. If thats the case there isnt anything that MB can do as all it is doing is calling the encoder using the parameters you configure in the preferences tab.
You could try another tool using the same encoder with the same encoding settings to see if the same problem occurs

Peekstra

I've just decoded all the four files in this directory to wav and run lame.exe from the codecs directory to encode them. This worked without any problems.

Maybe I could try this again if I could use the same parameters as Musicbee uses (Portable Device Listening)?

It's strange though that only these files are failing because I converted all my FLAC files in one go to ALAC using the same encoder so I would technically consider them to be the same as the rest.

Steven

• Administrator
as a guess MB is trying to decode them as AAC files
do they play with MB and would it be possible to load one somewhere (eg. mediafire.com) and PM me the link?

Peekstra

I also think it's a decoding and not and encoding issue because lame.exe doesn't show up in procmon.

I've just tried to play these songs but I saw that bass_aac.dll needs to be added. After that, two files out of four in this folder hang upon playing and the cpu usage goes up. So it seems that these files are misidentified as AAC instead of ALAC. The files have been encoded with QAAC 0.47 and Quicktime 7.6.9.

I'll upload one of them and send you a PM with the link.

Thanks for looking into this!

Steven

• Administrator
i will need to pass this over to the developer of the BASS library as the problem is with the ALAC decoder.
He is usually quite responsive so there might be an update by middle of the week

Peekstra

Good to hear that you've been able to reproduce the problem. An update later this week would be great.

Steven

• Administrator