Author Topic: Album Ratings Averages  (Read 21204 times)

Steven

• Administrator
yes thats already in place for the next full release

Christman

No, Christman, 'BBplugin' is a completely different folder. You should *create* 'Plugins' folder manually.

Steven, maybe its worth to create empty 'plugins' folder by default during MB installation?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
OMG, I think i got something finally right here, thanks boroda74. I'll be fiddling around with this for a little while.
Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:57:33 PM by Christman

Christman

OK I've seen the auto album rating in action, which is a plus, and i'm grateful for you work, truly grateful. But is it possible to get the plugin to the point where it doesn't calculate unrated tracks in an album. Because for me, I download music all the time, and I end up putting the music in the library and not really getting around to listening to it for a while. So as it stands any album with a lack of ratings or only a few, the average is low or has no stars (the little bomb icon). If this could be implemented that would be great otherwise, as is, the plugin is just fine to me. Thanks a bunch boroda74!!!!!!!

boroda

But is it possible to get the plugin to the point where it doesn't calculate unrated tracks in an album.  bunch boroda74!!!!!!!
This already have been discussed in plugin thread, so I'm planning to change current behavior.

Christman

But is it possible to get the plugin to the point where it doesn't calculate unrated tracks in an album.  bunch boroda74!!!!!!!
This already have been discussed in plugin thread, so I'm planning to change current behavior.

Awesome!!! Looking forward to it!!!

boroda

Try this version. But there is a bug with displaying number of written files in statusbar.

Christman

Try this version. But there is a bug with displaying number of written files in statusbar.

says file is "Invalid or Deleted File."

boroda

Sorry, check latest version on plugin official thread.

Christman

Christman

Sorry, check latest version on plugin official thread.

Seems to work well, I'm a happy customer. Thanks to the contributors of this thread and special thanks to boroda74 for all his hard work to make this thread have purpose and a solution. God bless all!

ngwoo

yes thats already in place for the next full release

Is it going to count unrated tracks as 0 (lowering the average) or will it ignore them like MediaMonkey did? Sometimes I'll have intro tracks or something that I don't rate, and don't want counted in the album rating.

boroda

Normally unrated tracks are ignored, but there is an option 'Treat unrated tracks as zero rated'.

Christman

Normally unrated tracks are ignored, but there is an option 'Treat unrated tracks as zero rated'.

I have tested and tried this feature, and it works true to it's nature. Again shout out to boroda74, Great Work!!!

Antonski

Thanks a lot for this option, boroda74.
I've used it for few days, with option "Auto calculate average album ratings on startup for entire library".
Well, it worked, but finally I switched it off. It made me a bit nervous to see the plugin starting every time, checking thousands of files for minutes unnecessary, just because I haven't change any track rating these days.
What about a new option, "Auto calculate average album ratings on track rating change"? Is it possible to be done at all? Your plugin must be resident, in order to use option "auto track rating", I believe. So, it should be possible to watch for (manual) track rating change and calculate the respective album value? I might be wrong, of course, I guess it depend on API at most.

boroda

Well, it worked, but finally I switched it off. It made me a bit nervous to see the plugin starting every time, checking thousands of files for minutes unnecessary, just because I haven't change any track rating these days.
What about a new option, "Auto calculate average album ratings on track rating change"? Is it possible to be done at all?
:) Thats exactly what I'm thinkig about! But currently API lacks some functionality. I've already requested Steven for API extension, so waiting for his response...