Author Topic: Rename Failed - could not find a part of the path  (Read 16905 times)

butler360

Synching a Cowon S9 for the second time from a playlist, this error message showed up for about 7 albums. I have no idea why it would be renaming the files. I haven't changed them since the last sync. All new tracks copied over successfully.

Steven

• Administrator
if you open View/ Error Log are there any entries for around that time - can you send me that info

there is a file naming rule in the device settings panel, so if you changed any of the tags that are relevant to the file naming it will try to rename the file on the device - i think the default is \Album Artist\Album\Track - Title

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hiwkht3ygzy

i think it happens if the file has previously been synched to the device and you change any of the tags on the source file that are used to determine which directory the file should be stored on the device - if the new directory doesnt already exist, the error occurs. In your case the album name was changed.

However when reviewing your error log i noticed its generating an error everytime MB starts when scanning the attached devices. I've put some debug code in the above file, so would you be able to send me the last error(s) after you start MB (View/Error Log)
Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:06:44 PM by Steven