Author Topic: Track detail links  (Read 4098 times)

richardap1

Is it possible to have the option for the links in the track details pane to point to library objects(i.e. Artist, album, genre) instead of last.fm. I realise I have the option of right clicking the artist in the now playing pane but I don't normally have that open.
Cheers
Rich

Steven

• Administrator
always willing to make searching with MB better!
you can also middle mouse click on an artist (or any field) in the main panel to filter by the field
i've added a setting to the now playing panel config to set the artist and album fields to link as a library filter rather than opening the last.fm page

richardap1

BigHam1

very nice option to link as a library filter!

is there a possibility of linking to allmusicguide as well? i'd love to have the amg artist write-up as an option along with last.fm, wikipedia and youtube; and to have the artist and album fields link to their allmusic entries respectively... just icing on the cake!

Steven

• Administrator
you can define custome weblinks - right clicking on the now playing panel header/ Configure Layout/ Customise Panel Settings
and in the web-links you can define web-links to AMG. If you do a forum search i think someone already gave the syntax to AMG in the how-to section

Steven

• Administrator
Is it possible to have the option for the links in the track details pane to point to library objects(i.e. Artist, album, genre) instead of last.fm. I realise I have the option of right clicking the artist in the now playing pane but I don't normally have that open.
Cheers
Rich
this has the change as described above:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rp30r2c1sa0w492

richardap1

Works great. Really handy.  I was thinking that it maybe possible to extend it further as the context menu for those links have only two items (configure and open in default). Do you think adding a "search similar artist" would make sense or clutter that menu?

ma_t14

The year library filter is not accessible, was that the intention?

Steven

• Administrator
its only implemented for Album and Artist (as only they make sense for the default setting of last.fm) - i dont know when i will do the other tags