Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 277046 times)

edcredible

Just wanted to say that I am so glad to have found MB. Growing up with WinAmp and then being forced to use Windows Media Player at times, I'm glad that my colleague pointed me in the right direction of MB. Awesome job guys!

SpyrosKappa

I really would like to address this post to the creators and comunity of Musicbee, as a thank you note for creating this great music library tool.

I'm an ex-Winamp fanatic user and after the announcement of closing the winamp I went on search for the new software that would bear the havy duty of managing my music library.

After some reviews I chose Musicbee among Media Monkey and Foobar2000 as the continuer of the now lgendary Winamp. After a week of use I have to say that I'm impressed of the effectiveness of Musicbee's features. Not only satisfies in a total way my needs as Winamp did but Musicbee show me some additional features that I haven't while I was using Winamp (the all fields ability of choosing in customized views, the ability to managing playlists in the view settings of the library and not just as a track list, the powerful and flexible in-software Tag editing without having to open another tag editor -which now I only use in major and massive tag editing-, to name a few among many others).

To all the Winamp users, I say "The promised land that milk and honey flows is here".

If anyone Winamp user wants any more info, feel free to ask.

So, Musicbee team, accept my humble congratulations as you've just gained a demanding user.

My greetings from Athens, Greece.

Best wishes,
Spyros Kappa
http://musicicue.wordpress.com/
http://www.mixcloud.com/spyros-kappa/

holuschi

I tried a lot of players, Winamp, foo bar, Music Monkey, iTunes, AIMP, … but none fulfils my requirements as good as Music Bee: It is so fast and cute with so many possibilities! AND: Music Bee is the only player playing my music collection on a Windows 8 tablet – quick, cute and with no problems -  from a NAS. I use with great pleasure every day – thank you so much.

ChristopherE

I occasionaly get the urge to try out other players, but within minutes I always go back to the BEE.

Not only is it the best player, for me, it is the only player that can handle and organise my collection of several thousand albums ranging from classical to new wave and heavy metal.

rooibos

So, right, I just registered to this forum - stuff I never do - to thank you on this quite well made software. I came from amarok & foobar so that means a lot.
On the negative side, 'cause the positive is obvious, the forum register system is, although efficient I guess, not really a pleasure to use.  The auto-dj feature is nice, but the options are not flexible enough (randomness  + some highest rated + some difference with some smooth faders would be nice).
Otherwize, pretty cool piece of software, have used it for a week or so now, i'm still asking myself questions like will it be able to export my ratings ? Or more generally can I save my settings easily ? I guess it should & would but haven't tried it yet.
Haven't tried the upcoming release nor other internet services except radio, but generally I don't like those services in an audio player.
Anyway, my 2 euro cents, Congrats & be well !

Snilsen

I dig it very much.   I downloaded after JRiver just crapped out too many times for me to take.  It was crashing on 24 but files... pos.  So, I went seeking out a lightweight player and I scored a sweet 2014 review that put Musicbee on top.

To add to all the interface/feature praise, I think is sounds tits.

on WASAPI the music THUNDERS out to my DAC.  The slap of an acoustic bass ... scary real.

Using JRiv WASAPI, volumes were _much_ lower.  This WASPI here on Musicbee is the only player output as loud as ASIO on my second system.  Loud is good.  Fine volume control is for wussies.

I listen from netbook with a Schiit Modi DAC, massive KT-88 valves and Monitor Audio RX6 speakers.   

themmm

I just love MusicBee. Its getting better with every update. Every time i think about a feature that would be cool its already there!

THX so much!!

10$ donated. Totally worth it.

themmm

P.S. The new "iTunes" like Album preview is awesome!

late

I got very familiar with WMP for my music managing at first it seemed totally appropriate for me since I didn't need anything special.

Then I found (now 'dead') music player called Songbird totally fell in love with it. After I heard the developing had stopped and there were too many bugs riddling I couldn't use it happily anymore. After that it was "Nightingale" a community driven version of Songbird, it didn't feel the same and I went on to Winamp. I really didn't like it at all and outright stopped using it after a week or so. WMP again, it worked, its lightweight (well not really) and was good for me. After some time I stumbled on to a new one called "MusicBee" I think it was from some site where a few media/music player/managers were listed and I decided to test it. Totally blown away with it. After I started to use flac more and more with my music wmp didn't work anymore, and here we are.

Thank you Steven for this. Keep up the excellent work!

ben.

i really need to say: what an awesome music player :)
so much thanks to all of you guys, especially steven and the supporting guys in this forum <3

rladngus

Thank you!! Don't know what else to say. Just that I'm so thankful that MusicBee exists. I loved Winamp and I still love it, but MB is just so much better.

galactica12

I was a long time iTunes user, and while I don't believe the later versions had too many issues, I never realized just how nice customization was in a program. I sold my iPod, and realized I didn't really need to use iTunes anymore and stumbled across a software review on lifehacker; MusicBee was the number one choice on the review. So I gave it a shot, and am absolutely loving it, even with the bugs! It's almost sad how a one-man team responds and fixes bugs faster than large multi-studio teams can. I think I'll be sticking with MusicBee for a very long time.

Pennywize

;D
 Hi Steven (and all the others working on it)
I `m activ in music since about 25 Years right now. having a biblio at 3 TB right now.  Have tried a lot of programs like itunes,songbird,winamp and many others to manage this the last years, there is till now no program like yours Steven. Feeding all my needs , having all necessarry parts in it.
And for gods sake at the moment i try Auto dj and he is the one, getting me shiver, or i think in egnlish (I`m from germany)  you will say have Goose Bump

I will say:     Congratulations ,         you did it.

Best regards from Germany
Penynwize

Ansem

i have searched a lot for a program like this, i really love this program, thanks a lot for allyou works!

brx

I have tried so many players, but MB is indeed the best!
So many options, great community...
Thank you guys! :)

vividvibe

Okay, I just discovered this wonderfully amazing music manager and what can I say?  I mean come on, this thing is damn near perfect.  I don't have a single complaint about it.  Loving it.

Thanks so much, Steven.  This is a very nice thing you have created and made available to us.