Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275201 times)

Barbie-qu

I've been using MB for a few months now, after tentatively moving over from Foobar. As with so many others I won't be going back. There's still a couple of features I return to like Discogs tagging, but I enjoy interacting with my music so much more now that I use MusicBee.
What makes MusicBee so good is the carefully balanced feature content coupled with great usability. You've nailed the flexibility in being able to 'cut' our music collection in lots of different ways, which is so important for music lovers with large collections.
I commend you on your technical programing skills as well, because the software is largely bug free, and the inevitable issues that arise you deal with very quickly.
Big up ya chest. as the old folk say.

porterdog

Re:  Appreciation.... IN!

I'm a recovering Rhapsody-to-go user and have been pulling my hair out for an integrated solution for file/library/playlist/device management.

Heard about MB yesterday, downloaded... sold.  Thanks!

I just sent you $20; loving the bee.

Space Octopus

• Teach a Man To Reason, He'll Think For a Lifetime
 ;D <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Wow. I can't even begin to explain how amazing MusicBee is & how much I love it...but I'll try....

I've tried over 30 different media players, including some that were expensive, like that poor excuse for a rip off of this, called  "MediaMonkey", which costs way too much, isn't close to worth a dime and can't even begin to do 1/4th of what this can, & they even have the audacity to charge for codecs (which I'm convinced they make codecs you have already not work on purpose, to try and squeeze more money out of people), and I've tried other tagging software, etc, and I don't understand why a single soul would ever use anything else, especially Itunes, ever again when there's this. This is purely & simply one of the best pieces of software I've ever used (In my top 5 of all time, from hundreds & hundreds of different programs of different types)??
 It does everything you could ever want, need, think of & even not think of, or expect, & it's all helpful beyond reason, it's easy as pie to use, it's amazing & ridiculously light on resources, especially considering it's abilities, & best of all...it's FREE. If there was one software I could pick to donate money to, this would be it. In fact, as soon as I get some, I'm going to do as much as I can afford to.

I am going to promote the hell out of MusicBee when I finish getting my website up & running, as well as leaving great reviews on any software sites it's on. The customizability of it is a major plus for me, since I'm someone who can't stand white on my screen, or anything boring & plastic looking, basically anything that looks like itunes, & more-so, I need to customize everything in life I possibly can.... and then, when I didn't think auto-tagging, last.fm capability, auto-playlists, customizable fonts & everything else, artwork downloading, lyrics downloading & a million other epic things weren't enough.... then Winamp plugins are compatible? File conversion?! Ipod Sync? I can choose icons? I can completely change my layout to my liking? No freakin way...it's just so amazing & almost unbelievable. I don't ever talk like this about anything, unless I truly & completely love it, & boy do I.

Please, please, don't ever change it much or take anything away (and if it's not broken, don't "fix" it!) because I've had enough heartbreak when every app, software & anything else I really like & even need keeps getting crippled by stupid developers & the morons who decide to listen to other morons who want things much simpler & more stupid & less functional. MusicBee is truly perfect, one of a kind, & completely the best media software I think has ever been made. I love it wholeheartedly & am so thankful for it, partly (that's not all though) because I have over 60,000 songs & I have had absolutely no possibility of ever being able to organize, tag, remove duplicates, filter or do anything else I've needed & wanted to do for a long time...until now. It's saved me countless days, even months worth of time I'd have to spend tediously doing any of these things, & time is SO precious to me?

Ok, enough gushing....but seriously, one last thank you, for the best thing that ever happened to media, ever. I wish I could find a way to personally convert every single person I've known enough to care, to using this, because it's a gift & straight up magnificent thing to use.

...not...that...I feel strongly about it or anything.......lol.....  ^______^

<edit> Oh yeah, and I'm someone who can't learn from instructions, I only do by "playing" with whatever it is & checking out all settings, plus add in great common sense & deductive reasoning, it's easy to do, but even if I didn't have these abilities, I believe this is one of the most simple, easy to use, intuitive pieces of software I've ever used. Everything is so straightforward & at no point have I been confused. Usually I get frustrated spending hours and hours with a program, but as time went on over the past 3 days, I just fell more & more in love. This is truly a brilliantly put together masterpiece. Honestly, there's not a single complaint on my side. It also seems that involvement of users & listening to request/suggestions goes a really long way, & add in the contributions from others, it's an incredibly perfect collaboration. I don't think any company that spent a lot of money could even do what's been done here, & I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I'm going to donate $20 today & probably more down the line, because I know this will be one of few programs I use often & actually enjoy using, & don't feel like anything is lacking from. I've listened to more music in the past few days because of this, than I have in years. I'm able to rediscover music I have, or discover stuff I have but never got to hear... really, I couldn't be more happy about this & I'm sure it will continue to be a winner that nothing else can compare to. Keep up the great work, everyone, & really, top notch work on everything & making it a virtually bug-free, light piece of software I can comfortably run while I have 30 tabs open in chrome with extensions (resource HOG), Photoshop CS6, & a couple other smaller programs, & not have my computer slow to a crawl, or be unable to do anything. It's so lovely & makes me very very happy. I love music a lot, but haven't been able to really enjoy it like this in years, maybe even ever.  It's not just software, it's an experience!!!
Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:22:56 PM by SpaceOctopus
Make it so, number one.

derausgewanderte

best music player for Windows 8.1. Handles my >50k song library with ease. With recent event ghost plugin (by Pako) I can finally control it via my Lumia 920. It also recognizes my L920 for syncing.
Can't ask for more.  Promoting it where I can
http://www.neowin.net/news/musicbee-22#comments

Remote Control on Lumia 920 Paused:

and with an icon on the Lumia 920

fiewi

Steven, thank you so much for taken the time, the energy and creativity to offer to all of us free this wonderful music player. I really appreciate it any truly hope you get the satisfaction and "thanks" you so much deserve. So thank you once again! A big fan of yours, F.-

Akumasama

I'm loving this more and more and more and more everyday, thank you so much Mr. Steven!

sarah777

Just moved from WINAmp. R.I.P. But this program is awesome, wish id found it before.

Thank You So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

Akumasama

Best way to thank Mr. Mayall is to use the shining "PayPal" button in the upper right corner of the screen! :D :D :D

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Best way to thank Mr. Mayall is to use the shining "PayPal" button in the upper right corner of the screen! :D :D :D
Couldn't put it better myself
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Moesh

I've been jumping from music player to music player for the last three months trying to find things that meet my specific needs. Music Bee did exactly that. Now I can rate my songs, see the update reflected in my physical files, and edit tags properly. And the interface rocks hard.

te777

Just moved from Winamp RIP. This player is great! Thanks Steven! I also have a program on the Web that is free but not open source. I respect the decision of yours to not make it open source. My decision not to go open source is because the nature of the program would lend the source code to be used for possibly others' monetary gain.

Diederik

This is one great music player! It can handle almost all of my library organisation wishes and even things I wouldn't have thought of myself. It is easy to get lost (in a good way) in MusicBee's unending customisation options, with its plethora of display options, tagging options, and general configurability. Therefore I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Steven Mayall for this great music player. Thanks!

finzenmaster

Thank you for this awesome program, and also wishing
happy holidays for both Steven and all the MusicBee users around the world!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
More positive feedback via the wiki: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#comm-3338
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)