Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275269 times)

ihavnoclue

I've been uisng MusicBee for a few months and I have to say it's amazing. I was a really big SongBird fan, but it got really slow and had many bugs. I can tell MusicBee's developer is very dedicated to making this program the best it can be. I just donated today after seeing another update with many new features, and I am very stingy with software, using freeware when I can. MusicBee looks amazing, is always fast, and has the best feature set I've ever seen in a music player. Thank you for making my music experience much better.

amp

Amazing. Been using iTunes since the 4th Gen iPod came out. Not because I'm a fan of the company (never been) but because well...who didn't own a 40GB player at the time? I have had major library disasters because I simply didn't know how the p.o.c. program worked. It took hours of time and organization so that it could be turned into fully fledged disasters. Then over the years I realized how it never acted like a proper player by "monitoring" a specifically given folder as the base minimum feature one expects a media player to have, let alone a proper database system instead of some crippled linear xml file as it's organizer. Despite these headaches and the lack of iPod support from other players, more and more players over time started to support the iPod. Now why the iPod? Well that's a whole new story. Tell me one player out there that gives me mass storage in my pocket, hardware controls and basic DAP for my needs? Despite today having touchy touch fanciness, and lack of storage (typically the boring 8, 16, 32 blah blah sequence), no other player competes with the iPod as a true jukebox player. Now, wanting to shift my library towards something intelligent and fully featured (since years ago, no time or dedication), it was time to move towards the Winamp/foobar/Mediamonkey/<insert gtk related player> territory. When this happened iTunes 11 was announced, LOL, how pathetic is to release pointless features and yet NOT solve the long term problem it has, yet many argue it all over the forums how "simple" and "effective" it is, oh wait, I'm weird. Anyways, one of the strongest players that had always been installed in my pc for years was Winamp. Thing is I personally don't like to use a program that crashes, builds memory and lacks many library customizations, views, usability, let alone handled by AOL, but I wasn't going to discontinue my use over it because of one undeniable feature, Gracenote access). I then started installing the most attractive players with the features that was effective for me under the wiki comparison page [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_audio_player_software]. Of course these lists will never fulfill the little details that one catches if you don't actually install it yourself and play with it. About a handful of the total players available, foobar2000 indefinitely was one of my top picks, as a matter of fact it has been my player for my separate "flacs" for a couple of months already, but my main goal was to move my main .mp3 library away from iChunes to 2 or 3 players simultaneously. Along the installation tests, MusicBee was certainly tested but somehow I uninstalled it...  ??? have no idea why but I was not in an open minded mood or discovery at the time. Later tests using other gtk like players which are certainly superior to iTunes, weren't fulfilling as I had already been using foobar2000 and Winamp. Mediamonkey eventually overcame the test and it was used as my third player to transfer, organize and possibly tag. I finally did the shift by using foobar2000 extensively and Winamp's proper "library scanninng" engine and I have never felt so secured and calm by fiddling with my library so much without having the fear of seeing exclamation point everywhere and broken xml files all over. Once the transfer was done I noticed Winamp doesn't automatically reflect changed upon changes done to the songs, one has to re-scan or something. foobar2000 is another glorious player, does everything how one wants it, certainly not gui friendly but it ain't a cli player. From here on, I accomplished my goal from moving away from the bloated player, but now my other heavy tasks was to mas tag everything in such "masochist" order. Now there was nothing out of order under iTunes either, the tagging I do is quite strict and organization is highly important as I am more of a "tagger" than a "folder" user. As an Electronic Genre listener, the access to Discogs is KEY and high priority, period. So by using mp3Tag a lot and Gracenote under Winamp for detailed tagging of unknowns, track xx, and other goodness is highly important, this is why I continue to keep Winamp as they are a licensed Gracenote client, along with iTunes with the exception that it must be songs imported from a CD and not the drag and dropped music files, LOL again. From here on I noticed how with much use, Mediamonkey was starting to become quite not my priority player, though not certainly a bad player since it does rank highly among others. Continuing on with my tagging and organization and eventually duplicated/backed up across a NAS, I eventually decided to give MusicBee a go once again since some random forum post in [http://techsupportalert.com] mentioned MusicBee 2.0 released and wow, simply amazing. It covers everything that I need, customization very high, and vast amounts of tagging, portable, auto folder organization, something foobar doesn't have but their plugin "file operations" is definitely useful and heck, everything else. I think I have now settled my search and use of a -proper player- that runs light. Dev and team working on this player, I would like to extend my appreciation on such program of high caliber. Thanks.

Pingaware

I've been using MusicBee since June and haven't looked back once. Having stuck with Media Player as long as I could manage, it was threatening to kill the computer with its incapabilities. Switched after a review on Gizmo's Freeware suggested this, and I have to say - it's as close to perfect as is humanly possible. I wish it supported the latest generation iPods, but I know the difficulty of supporting them so can't call this a complaint. I can't at any point see myself going to another music player ever again. Thanks so much Steven (and other developers, skin makers, etc)!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

alicerite

I simply had to sign upwards and also assume that I in the morning blown away by Singing Bee thus far! I've only been making use of it for a couple of days, but thus far it's been outstanding. It's and thus light, however feature rich.
I've performed a few similar paint products, as well as Singing Bee is the evident winner. I can't think that it imported a collection of regarding 10,000 records in about a few minutes, whereas a rival took over an hour. (Edit: To be fair, I think that the competition had been checking for dublicates while importing, however still.)
I feel like being cautious, simply in case issues crop upwards with farther along, heavier use, but it certainly looks like this really is going to become a keeper. Precisely what a nice (hehe) program.

Salieri

This player is just awesome! I totally love it. Since MediaMonkey is not usable for me (again) I was looking for a new player and found this one. Never seen such a stable and great player with this amount of features, simply awesome. Thanks to Steven and everyone else wo is (in either way) working on MusicBee.

sporkubus

I finally found MusicBee after years of suffering with iTunes... as a classical music fan with a gigantic library, MusicBee has made my life way easier and helped me to appreciate and enjoy my music much more easily. THANKS MUSICBEE!!

chosencar

I LOVE MUSICBEE. Like many others, I was a begrudging user of iTunes due to owning an iPod touch, but now I'm considering purchasing a 4th generation iPod nano JUST so I can use MusicBee as my full time player!

Best piece of software on my computer. Period.

bitfidelity

Bellricky986

I have to say - it's as near to ideal as is possible. I wish it reinforced the newest creation iPods, but I know the problems of assisting them so can't contact this a issue. I can't at any factor see myself going to another ipod ever again. Thanks so much Steven (and other designers, epidermis creators, etc)!

Thales

I just found out MusicBee and this is simply the best player. I mean it.
For most tech stuff, there is no 'silver bullet', but regarding media management, MusicBee is just awesome. Let me say again: awesome!

And believe me, I've tried tons of players (WMP, Winamp, MediaMonkey, Songbird...). And I won't lie, each of them has something nice that the other doesn't have. And here is where MusicBee comes... its just awesome, complete.

Thanks a lot guys! If there is any way I can help (donate, development, etc), please let me know.

boroda

Thanks a lot guys! If there is any way I can help (donate, development, etc), please let me know.
You can donate on home page of this site. And you can develop plugin(s).

WimYogya

Been a MB user for two days now. Still learning and overwhelmed but the good feeling about the media manager grows by the minute.
In the past I used iTunes (to rigid, limited) and MediaMonkey (too confusing, very userunfriendly interface).
MusicBee seems to be the MB, the Miraculous Balance!
Thanks, Steven and other contributors...
Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:38:24 AM by WimYogya
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Thales

You can donate on home page of this site. And you can develop plugin(s).

Nice! Thanks for the info (:

WimYogya

Apart from a sincere word of thanks to Steven, Boroda and other developers, I wish to express my thanks here as well to the surprisingly big numbers of common users who provide support. Often I get a reply within a few minutes (if the 12 hour time difference between Indonesia and mainly the USA permits that).
It is risky to mention names, bit afraid to forget someone. But those who are involved in helping me get around in MB in my first days know that I do refer to them!
Within 4, 5 days I learned a LOT!
Migration of my big messed up library and exploring many MB features is almost done, I think - thanks to my 'supporters'.
Now the big work has to begin of cleaning up all the messed up files and retrieving lost tags (thanks, MediaMonkey - I think...)
Plan to do that step by step - not as one big project.
Thanks, all!
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Toretto

I'm using MB for two weeks now and I think I'm keeping it forever. Works great as a music player (forgive me but I use it with foobar) and has exactly all the options I need in a music manager. Thanks to the developers and thanks for listening to the suggestions and putting them into practice.