Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275197 times)

badhouses

:D ;D :-* :D ;D :-*

I love this program.

I should point out the reasons for my love.

* Clarity - layout, things are where you'd naturally want them to be.  Speaker icon next to playing song, lyrics finder, images finder etc, all where you'd want them to be (wierdly missing from winamp etc)
* Efficiency - not many libraries being used here really, things are usually slow with other players (ie, songbirds mozilla base etc etc)
* Functionality - conversions, scoring, duplicate rules (why has no-one else thought of this!!!!)... perfect...

FoX

New user here.  I registered specifically (as I'm sure others have) to emphasize how awesome I think this program is. 

I downloaded it after reading a review of different music organizers/players.  Honestly, after I downloaded it I kept waiting for something bad to happen.  I was waiting for some kind of ad to pop-up, or to find bloatware or spyware or similar, among other things, and none of the mentioned occurred.  I'm amazed by this program.  I've seen some products that aren't free and can't even compare to musicbee.  I'm currently a student with a systems/software engineering major, so I can imagine the amount of work it took to put into this, and for it to be free?  Very impressed.  I would have paid money for this program, so I'll donate instead.  =D

- Fox

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
 :) :D ;D

Just a quick first post to give Steven a B_I_G "Thank You" for MB.
I'm sure everyone I know is sick of me ranting at them to ditch their current player/manager and switch to MB ::)

Just a few tweaks to get the scaling right and I'll be posting a Theater Mod too!!
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Sigma

I've been a MediaMonkey user for some time and I discovered MusicBee this morning and thought I'd give it a try. While MM offers lots of features, all I really wanted was a music player/manager that could catalogue/organise my collection automatically, handle all of the file types I use, and look good - MM managed all of those apart from looking good, and things like not being able to lock toolbar positions and window sizes always annoyed me. MusicBee has none of those annoyances and looks slick and modern.

vinylisgroovy

Over the last 15 years, I've been meaning to organize and catalogue my CD collection.  Now that I have MP3s, audio books, etc. things have changed.  I was pretty set on going with MediaMonkey but I found Music Bee so I thought I would give it a try and I'm glad I did.  I love EVERYTHING about it so far even though I've only had it for a day. 

I have a few challenges with sorting my music but I'm sure I'll find some quick and easy answers here on the forum.  It looks like I can finally get this thing done!

Thanks for creating such an awesome application!

cenzo

8)Definitely the best player i've been able to track down.  Was definitely worth the few bux donated.  Keep up the great work.   Looking forward to the next step up.  Thanks for all you've done.

cenzo

Over the last 15 years, I've been meaning to organize and catalogue my CD collection.  Now that I have MP3s, audio books, etc. things have changed.  I was pretty set on going with MediaMonkey but I found Music Bee so I thought I would give it a try and I'm glad I did.  I love EVERYTHING about it so far even though I've only had it for a day. 

I have a few challenges with sorting my music but I'm sure I'll find some quick and easy answers here on the forum.  It looks like I can finally get this thing done!

Thanks for creating such an awesome application!

I've tried MediaMonkey as well and for less than what you get on MB they want to charges some pretty crazy fees.  Much happier with MB in any event.

sovereignty68

I love MusicBee. Simply the best music player/organizer I've came across. Tried MediaMonkey and foobar2k(was the best before MusicBee). MusicBee should be a standard music players on every Windows machines.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I love MusicBee. Simply the best music player/organizer I've came across. Tried MediaMonkey and foobar2k(was the best before MusicBee). MusicBee should be a standard music players on every Windows machines.
I think this post
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

mtech

I've wasted so much money only to find crappy products and worse service. I've only had this 1 day and I can see it's the best out there.
I have 55 000 tracks and it seems to handle them with ease.

I've made my donation already. Wish I could donate more  :(

Brilliant product!!  ;D

RAY16

I recently stumbled upon MusicBee and I'm currently testing it out as a possible replacement for MediaMonkey. So far I'm thinking it might be, but I need to use it for a bit longer to be sure. It seems to have all of the important bits that keep me on MediaMonkey, and doesn't have some of the stuff I never use. There are some options that are present, but are handled somewhat more "clumsily" than MM, but I could work around those shortcomings with a separate piece of software.

Regardless of what decision I end up making, it's pretty clear that a lot of work has gone into this software and I want to give credit where it's due. A donation will come eventually, but it would probably help if I was employed first.
Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:12:14 AM by RAY16

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I recently stumbled upon MusicBee and I'm currently testing it out as a possible replacement for MediaMonkey. So far I'm thinking it might be, but I need to use it for a bit longer to be sure. It seems to have all of the important bits that keep me on MediaMonkey, and doesn't have some of the stuff I never use. There are some options that are present, but are handled somewhat more "clumsily" than MM, but I could work around those shortcomings with a separate piece of software.

Regardless of what decision I end up making, it's pretty clear that a lot of work has gone into this software and I want to give credit where it's due. A donation will come eventually, but it would probably help if I was employed first.
What options etc are clumsy?
RIP OiNK

RAY16

What options etc are clumsy?

There are certain features that require you to use the drop down menus in MusicBee that could be accessed through the right click menu on a file or multiple files in MediaMonkey (analyzing track volume, renaming multiple files based on their tags at the same time, etc. — more clicks to do the same amount of work), among other minor issues. Nothing particularly egregious, and it certainly hasn't negatively impacted my opinion of the player in any significant way. I might go into more detail in a separate post if I'm not feeling too lazy, but I'll refrain from doing so here as that's not the purpose of this thread.

*Edit*

I should note that I'm currently using the latest 1.4 release, so I'm not aware if 2.0 has already or will in the future address any issues I have with the program. I may install the latest 2.0 beta out of curiosity at some point in the next couple of days.
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:14:54 AM by RAY16

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I run the latest beta releases along side my v1.4 the latter being my main usage player. I'm trying to get time to fiddle with beta releases but I need to set up the layouts and stuff first
RIP OiNK