Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275212 times)

abhinavsays42

i've used some 20-25 music players (no kidding, i really have) but there was always something very basic that all of them lacked. musicbee, on the other hand, does all the basic things well and a lot of other things that i never expected a media player would do, like last.fm integration.
i'm using MB for about 7 months now i wouldn't be exaggerating if i said it's one the best things that has happened to me this year. this year hasn't been particularly good for me, but that's another story.
here are some things in MB that i particularly good
1. last.gm integration
2. 'artst picture' visualization
3. ability to add hyperlinks and customize them.
4. building filter within a library
5. a layout that covers everything essential - library explorer, now playing, lyrics, artwork
6. built-in tagging tools
7 all these things with a lightning speed.

most amazing part of course is that the requests on forum is immediately attended to. so it continues to grow better.
thanks steven. musicbee is as nearly perfect as it can probably get.

Antkh

Topic-starter has read my mind))) I've thought of such thread yesterday))
Well, needless to repeat, MusicBee is solid full featured music organizer. iTunes is bulky piece of crap. Mediamonkey4 with all it's "exclusive" gold-paid abilities can't even correctly perform ordinary functions, which i need every day (also MM4 failed to import my iTunes library without issues).
Thanks to Steven and all co-developers!
By the way, what about organizing donations? Such a good work and efficiency with updates should be encouraged;)

JoaoPaulo

I have used (use) various media players as well, but MusicBee turned out to be one of the most complete.

One of the best MusicBee features (to me) is having WASAPI  and ASIO out-of-the-box without plugins... right now it works perfectly with my DAC with no stuttering (in wasapi some media players donĀ“t work properly).

That, and a excellent layout/media library managment, and you have one of the best audio players around.

I would like to thank Steven and other co-developers for the good work done.

Kind Regards,

JP

Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:49:12 PM by JoaoPaulo

boroda

By the way, what about organizing donations? Such a good work and efficiency with updates should be encouraged;)
See 'donate' button on home page :)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
It's on all pages too, not just the homepage
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

boroda

donjulien

Music players, text editors and file managers are 3 sensitive areas where I usually choose a "nearly right" candidate, only to come back searching for something better after some months of suffering the small glitches and misses of the "nearly right (but not perfect)" choice.

PSPad is my text editor of choice... but every now and then I try to find something better. xplorer^2 is my file manager, but the same happens. Then it comes music. It used to be Winamp in the early days. Then came MediaMonkey, which I still find pretty good. Then came JRiver which is quite powerful, but then it was back to MediaMonkey. Then I found MusicBee... It's been 3 I think. I haven't looked back!

Many MANY features, but still it doesn't feel bloated, slow or hard to navigate. Things usually work just like I expect them to. I must confess I tried to manually implement something similar to the INBOX with MediaMonkey. Imagine my surprise when I found the feature completely implemented in such an elegant way in MB! Transcoding is really customizable but simple at the same time. Reorganization works like a charm. Look & feel, inspirated on iTunes (in a good sense, I mostly hate iTunes) is clean and elegant. Though every now and then I still need to resort to mp3tag, I do most of my tagging on MB. Device management works quite well. The hability to use Winamp's DSPs is a welcome extra. And the way Steven stays close to the community and releases so often: awesome! Updates and features and more updates and more new features, but the original "spirit" remains.

Powerful but simple, great performance, good for the newbie and the power user alike. And free!
(I will donate, I promise).

Thanks, Steven.

ShakeMartini

Only one day using MusicBee so far, but I am definitely impressed.

It has been a little bit of a curve becasue I have been using MediaMonkey ever since MusicMatch bit the dust. The latest updates to MediaMonkey in version 4 were way buggy and my frustration finally caused me to stray. Have to say that I don't think I'll be sorry. Adios MediaMonkey!

In just one day of use, I've already found some library issues that were buried in MediaMonkey. Sounds great too!

Thanks for the great product.

l.dc

After being worked up about some 'bugs' I am back into my greatfulness mood. MusicBee rocks. I must say the Last.fm integration of playcount is one thing that makes me carefree of formatting my OS once in a while since I know my listening habits are safe somewhere on the net and will be back into my fav music player. :D

May the Creator bless you a million times SM for creating something that's so beautiful in managing our digital audio collection.

theArtist

I installed MusicBee two months ago and my first impression was: "that little thingy radiates the energy!". You know, that kind of weakly perceptible energy that can be felt in things created by a brilliant person.  Later, I concluded to myself that MusicBee is a masterpiece. It is not only an excellent piece of software but also a great source of inspiration about how nicely things can be done.

Awesome job, Steve!

Borgfoot

Christmas donation sent :)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Steven!

bigben

have been using MB for a several weeks now and i have to say I'm very pleased with it.
thanks for all your hard work Steven much appreciated .

lnminente

What about adding an Thanks/Like button to these forums? :)

abhinavsays42

latest update rocks. there's nothing more i want from MB anymore. atleast for now. \m/   :D