Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275226 times)

esot_eric

I'm coming to MusicBee as a JRiver user, and the only disappointment I have is not doing so sooner. I'm floored to find something that's so flexible, functional, and intuitive, for free. It took me maybe only 30 minutes after installing the program to get the interface exactly how I wanted. Considering how bloated, confusing, and expensive JRiver was, I'm honestly embarrassed that this amazing piece of software snuck past me for so long. It's everything I liked about JRiver plus a lot more (which in some cases is actually less where necessary). No more digging around in one of too many preference menus to find the equalizer, and the wave bar scrubber is a game changer with how I listen to and even appreciate music. I used to maintain an album art folder to attach art that wasn't included with some of my downloads, but two clicks and I've instantly got art from multiple image searches to pick between. Unless you've invested however many untold hours getting something like Foobar to look and work exactly how you want and are too scared of having that effort gone to waste, I don't see why anyone who keeps a locally stored music collection wouldn't use this. Brilliant work.

frankz

I'm coming to MusicBee as a JRiver user, and the only disappointment I have is not doing so sooner. I'm floored to find something that's so flexible, functional, and intuitive, for free. It took me maybe only 30 minutes after installing the program to get the interface exactly how I wanted. Considering how bloated, confusing, and expensive JRiver was, I'm honestly embarrassed that this amazing piece of software snuck past me for so long. It's everything I liked about JRiver plus a lot more (which in some cases is actually less where necessary). No more digging around in one of too many preference menus to find the equalizer, and the wave bar scrubber is a game changer with how I listen to and even appreciate music. I used to maintain an album art folder to attach art that wasn't included with some of my downloads, but two clicks and I've instantly got art from multiple image searches to pick between. Unless you've invested however many untold hours getting something like Foobar to look and work exactly how you want and are too scared of having that effort gone to waste, I don't see why anyone who keeps a locally stored music collection wouldn't use this. Brilliant work.
Nice to have another genuine enthusiast here. Welcome.

jcoc

Just wanted to say thanks!  I've finally taken the time to fully move off iTunes, and now wishing I'd done it earlier (I was just lazy). Now I can understand quite what a straightjacket it was.

Things I REALLY like:
1) Inbox - makes editing so much easier
2) Virtual tags!!!!!  (I have a mixture of music (classical, modern) and BBC radio downloads - being able to sort and display differently is lovely!!)
3) File organisation that actually works
4) The configurability of the interface

Plus lots of other little things - but these are making it so much nicer and easier to manage and interact with my content. I am a techie, so maybe I get unreasonably happy at a solution that lets me use script where necessary. And I like how transparent it is with why things are happening (once I figure out the vocab).

So, again, thanks (this also comes with a small number of £)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum! Glad to have a new fan on board. :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Terry Walker

jeestring

youre doing an awesome job my friend! many gracias! where can i donate!?!?

jeestring

Ahhhh got it!  ;D There you go my friend so you can buy yourself a meal for your next day of work on that well appreciated thing you do!
Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:32:15 AM by jeestring

bobbosax

Outstanding application with impressive capabilities and features.

Well done Steve, your music playing application is top notch, the best available including those you have to pay for.
It does everything I need it to do and more.

Thank you for this great tool.

Nuttysman

Outstanding application with impressive capabilities and features.

Well done Steve, your music playing application is top notch, the best available including those you have to pay for.
It does everything I need it to do and more.

Thank you for this great tool.

Couldn't agree more and the new option of being able to center the lyrics is the icing on the cake.  :)

Holbytla

Thank you so much for making this program! Been using it for about 2 years now.  :)

Holbytla

Now that I've participated a little bit in this forum. A big thank you to this community. You guys are full of helpful information. I'm learning a lot about this app.  8)

Sven.S.

Hi guys,

this honey bee of music managing software is really f***y ;) awesome!

Because?!
It simply works!  8)

Over the years I've messed around with both some free and commercial programms (the usual suspects), which:
- de-arranged my tags/folders/images/songs,
- overturned my tag/folder/image/song sorting,
- crashed my PC as often as - ahh - oehm - oh - seems to be that I've deleted those big numbers from my mind in the need of pure self defense.  ;D

Thanks for this nice piece of a working and (positively!) mindblowing FREE (if someone likes to) tool!

Sven from (good old?) Germany

johnnyboy

;D Been using MB since 2013. Got into a conflab with moderators about upnp, still puzzled why Steven doesn't prioritise it. BUT to be honest the only prob I had with it was gapless playback ( for live albums) which I have resolved by using Tuneblade. Otherwise it is the best by far.

hiccup

Got into a conflab with moderators about upnp, still puzzled why Steven doesn't prioritise it.

The reason why Steven is not able to maintain the UPnP plugin has been given many times before over the last couple of years.
Both 'to the public', and to you.

Why do you keep on bugging the forum (and indirectly Steven) with this?
This time by polluting this appreciation thread in a veiled manner.
"MusicBee is nice, but…"

Grow a pair johnnyboy.

frankz