Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275236 times)

martux

I suddenly recognized that even 5.1 files are played correctly now. As I didn't change anything, the program must have developed. Thanks!

Axxonn

I've been using Musicbee for a month or two now, and it's an absolute dream. Really seems like it's been made by someone who's used other music players and thought hmm, that would be useful, and added it. Every time I think 'it would be cool if I could do that', after a quick search and some playing around it becomes reality! Incredibly intuitive.

Adding all the random folders I have has become a lot less tedious as it's fun finding out all the info about an artist to put in custom tags now. It's made me relisten to a lot of world music compilations i've got as I've begun adding locations alongside all the usual tags, so I can filter by continent/country/state/town. That might take some dedication, but it brings alive another angle to a musician. Or removing all browsers and columns for a screen solely made of album covers looks quite classy.

Lots to discover, many thanks!!

JieXian

I've been using MB for several years now, and lately I had to use linux because of work and I suddenly realised again how good MB is!

It's a perfect mix between customisability, beauty, and richness in functionality, in fact I think it tops the ranks in all 3 categories.

Thank you for all your effort!

LateJunction

• Oh, how complex is the human mind.
I see a lot of 'thank you' threads for Steven and his wonderful player and thought we should have a single official thread for doing so.. So here it is. Thanks Steven!

I'm a new user as well as a very old person. I'm struggling with understanding how to use MB - which is very different to saying I am struggling with using MB. I have to say that I am  impressed with this product - it is so much nicer to use than the obvious alternative which I thought I was forced to use when I was given a discarded iPod Nano. I think I am probably not the right sort of user for this product: I'm just so technically out of date - by at least 30 years I guess -  so it is particularly gratifying to experience the promptnesss and courtesy with which my irritating questions are being answered. As somebody who used to manage an application development group 40 years ago, I am just amazed that MB appears to be delivered by a single individual - that is super human performance, especially bearing in mind it is a library manager as well as a player and format converter. It puts into sharp contrast the efforts to deliver an iTunes alternative under Linux - like Amarok and its forks; like Banshee; like Rythmbox; like many others. MB seems more functional, better integrated, nicer to use than any of these  -even if I would have to use WINE!; fortunately I can afford the security risk of using Windows for the management of my audio assets.

So I owe Mr. Mayall my sincere thanks and respect.

Thalion Korvhas

I tried many of the most recommended audio managers out there, and only one came *mostly* near to this one. I have been using Musicbee for years now. Like all applications that are as flexible as this one, it takes some tinkering & research on the forums to fully appreciate & configure it. Even after using it for years, I do not fully understand several of the flexible features that involve custom rules, etc. Then again, I rarely have time to tinker with anything for hours anymore. I know many people complain about the complexity of Musicbee - but that is also its strength.

Seriously, thank you for this superior application that keeps my audio life organized. Thank you for continuing to improve it.Thank you for also trying to add friendly features without removing the complexity of Musicbee. One major example is the new settings snapshot feature. It is a fantastic addition to this application. Please continue to be encouraged by how rich featured & just overall how good Musicbee has turned out. Thank you.

jlbaker

Just wanted to add my thanks for this app!  Struggled for a while to find a decent library manager for my largish collection; started with iTunes, then went to MediaMonkey before I found MusicBee.  It rocks!

railfan-eric28

I just found a feature that is great.   with itunes the auto playlist sorting isn't' recognized by android players via isyncr.   And sort manually i would have to do it the hard way.    But with Musicbee I can auto sort such as year/album artist/album and then select all the songs in the playlist and right click and to to "list" then "update song order" and walla!!!   The manual sorting is what the auto sorting is.   not sure if the auto sorting on Musicbee is compatible with the android players, as i haven't paid attention. 

I am blown away at all the great features and custom features.    It's like itunes met mediamonkey.   I've been using Musicbee since November and even though there's bugs and problems syncing, there's no other player that is as good as this.   Media Monkey is close but has a more dated GUI.    And then there's the Theatre mode!!!   so awsome!!!   And i can put that on my 2nd screen.   And the lyrics!!!!  I spend days looking for a good software for lyrics besides evil lyrics for use with itunes last year and was disappointed that there's not much out there.    evil lyrics looks ugly .   But MUSICBEE has a built in lyrics feature!!!!!   RIP iTunes i don't miss you a bit.   I've been using iTunes for the last 10 years till I heard about Musicbee in the Poweramp forum.   btw Poweramp is like Musicbee for android and vice versa.   both customizable and great sound.  Would be need to have a Musicbee player comparable to Poweramp.    Besides the MB remote app.
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

v-dyk

This player is so awesome that made me register to this forum to say THANK YOU!!, it's an really really awesome music player, have all the features i need just there and is fully customizable, this is far better than itunes and winamp. I am a windows user, a lastfm user and a spotify user, i love to listen to music and colletc it. You have made a person happy, i will share the player with all my friends.

Thank you!!  
https://last.fm/es/user/v-dyk

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've been messing with iTunes lately, for reasons. I've been using MusicBee so long that I take for granted simple things like easily rescanning files and refreshing playlists, quickly filtering by any field, sorting by more than one column, etc. Definitely no risk of me going back to iTunes in the long run!
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:38:18 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

I've been messing with iTunes lately, for reasons. I've been using MusicBee so long that I take for granted simple things like easily rescanning files and refreshing playlists, quickly filtering by any field, sorting by more than one column, etc. Definitely no risk of me going back to iTunes in the long run!

Come on psychoadept, we all know that was never in doubt. You're one of the MB long time diehards, just like Redwing, Beeliever, boroda and some others. We're here for life, bugging Steven to keep improving his already incredible software.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Come on psychoadept, we all know that was never in doubt. You're one of the MB long time diehards, just like Redwing, Beeliever, boroda and some others. We're here for life, bugging Steven to keep improving his already incredible software.

Sure, but it's good to be reminded what we'd be missing out on!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

navuho

Steven, thank you for this app which is a real jewel. The app is an example of the entire technology industry, how properly the apps should be made. The big ones have a lot to learn from you. Keep up the good work!

helloindustries

I posted my appreciation in 2015, and i'm posting it again. Still using MB, still loving it.

Jaime59

Just need to say thanks for MusicBee! Coming from WinAmp a few months ago and wow it's everything I need and more. My music has never sounded better!

Keep up the great work :)

Jaime

leifel

I'll second that! Came from WinAmp to MusicBee a few years ago and I never regretted it. Now looking forward to MusicBee v3.3  :)