Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 276948 times)

jdcurlin

Thanks bunches for freeing me from iTunes.  Musicbee performs sooooo much better on Win 10 and allows me to create and manage playlists the way I'm used to.  My Samsung Galaxy S8 thanks you and I thank you.

PhantomGeek

Thank you Steven Mayall. MusicBee is intuitive, powerful and elegant; and it just keeps getting better. Good job.

And on behalf of all the ignorant people who cry bug when a feature doesn't work like they expect, apologies.

rotong

Thank you for a wonderful and flexible music browser!

mondro

I came here to specifically say thanks to Steven and every one else making plug-ins or skins and everything else. I have been a MusicBee user for a few years now. It is without a doubt the best player out there. And to top it off the forums are fantastic for support here! So again thanks to Steven and everyone else for making my love for music even more enjoyable!

2for99

• good vibrations
the last.fm integration is wonderful. the skins are beautiful. the customization is god-tier.

thank you steven, you've created the smoothest, most user-friendly, lightweight music player we've all been dying for. since popular players like iTunes have endlessly expanded, they're bogged down and have rendered themselves unusable. MusicBee has been the antidote.

Jobaman

Holy f*** I just installed MusicBee and I immediately fell in love with this program! It's so clear, organized and logical! And there are so many functions and features! Why the h*** haven't I found this marvellous program before? 10/10 would recommend.

trelain

I apologize ahead of time if this is too long, but I'm a newbie to MusicBee and explaining why I like it requires telling how I got here... Like many others, I loved the revolutionary approach to digital music that Apple gave us with the iPod and iPhone, and enjoyed all of Steve Jobs's groundbreaking achievements, he truly blazed the trail to where we are.   And like so many others I felt Apple's arrogance in the Jobs era and downright abandonment in the post-Jobs era where they have stopped caring about people's own music libraries and have become just another cloud music subscription service.   I can't even start to describe how many countless hours iTunes's ignored bugs and ignored feature requests have taken from me in the last several years trying to keep my iTunes music library usable and accessible to my devices.   My first step to liberate myself from Apple's arrogance and incompetence was to switch to a Galaxy S7, which I LOVE compared to iPhone's walled garden.    Which left a conundrum because I still have a couple of iPods and my family is still hypnotized by Apple, so I can't quite yet dump Apple completely.   I tried several other sync applications to get my music, ratings, and smart playlists on my S7 but they all had some deal breaker problem in them.   Until I found MusicBee.    Here are the main reasons this app has saved my music:

1)  I can point it to my iTunes music folders, without dealing with the iTunes library, since MB has its own library.  And when the day comes that I can get rid of iTunes, I can merely switch the music folder location.  

2)  When syncing to devices, you can tell it to retain the original folder structure.. this was a problem with other sync apps
that tried to create an Artist-based folder structure on the device, because I keep multiple Artists in some songs (such as in showtunes) that could have up to a dozen Artists in them separated in the Artist tag as artist1 / artist2 /artist3..etc.    which can result in too-long of a folder name because iTunes (and many other apps) see this as one long Artist and it can't sync to the device because the path is too long.   Thanks to MB's "preserve folders and filenames" option on device sync this problem went away.

3)  MB will monitor my iTunes music folder for changes in the files and automatically sync their file tag changes to its own library.  iTunes can't even do this reliably between its own files and library without manual intervention, a problem that has existed literally for YEARS.  

4)  Tag inspector displays not only the user-friendly tag name, but the actual 4-character mp3 frame ID.

5)  Any TXXX-frame can be defined to MB as a Custom tag, and used in auto-playlists (big thumbs up here).

6)  iTunes-like rating support, with option to keep rating only in MB's database.  I don't use POPULARIMETER and instead keep rating in a TXXX-RATING tag, 1-5;  I've found POPULARIMETER to be too weird and inconsistent to depend on across players and apps.

7) The ability to turn just about anything on and off - no arrogance from the developer, it's left to the user how they want their experience to be.  I know making things configurable is not easy, so this is VERY appreciated!  

6) Helpful and polite support on forum.

7) Quick response from Steven (the "guy"!) on bugs and feature requests.

8) Nice (BIG!) artist slideshows that auto-download artwork in the Now Playing window.  

9) Lots of cool skins.  

10)  The app is feature-rich, works great, and is free!  

This is the music-management app I recommend to EVERYONE.   Keep rockin' Steven!!

gmax

Forgive me if I'm duplicating topics. If so point me accordingly & merge.

Moved off iTunes because it just doesn't play nice with Android. Welcome to "Too Big to Fail" mentality! Sigh!

Happy with MusicBee so far. Just getting started. Already like the more granular 'Rating' system (with half stars).

Look forward to improving my usage skills. Kudos!

EightiesKid

AlBcom

Love it already....
you can do so much , so easily
Best and most practical player since Music Match Jukebox all those years ago but with all the contempory 'bells & whistles
Thanks guys

Ontanium

I will definitely support the developers for this application. It's fantastic, simply put. Or it's the best music player application out there, by far.

Cheers,

donsvideos

I think that this is a Killer Player. Before this I had used the Windows Media Player and it got bogged down with my collection. This thing just speeds right through it. Great Player. :)
Christian, Large music and movie collection

Keith B

My sound card is The Powercolor Devil HDX. MusicBee has always provided the most immersive listening of any player I have used in the past 4 years.

Version 3.2 does this better than any previous version with its added support for Enhanced DSD support for ASIO devices that support raw DSD data or DOP (DSD over PCM).

Thanks.  :-*

Stratocastro

Thank you Steven, RotemK, blinghound, v4lve, ferongr, boroda74 and thegreyspot!

I've used Winamp (early days), Foobar (was in love with it, but simple stuff like Ratings and Auto playlist was never truly supported), bought an iPod Classic and switched to iTunes to be able to use the iPod (spend countless hours Rating and organizing my music), my iPod died, switched to Android smartphone for music, which in turn I switched to MediaMonkey to be able to wireless sync (which never worked reliably, always giving me pain); and funny enough in MediaMonkey's support forum a user mentioned MusicBee, which I never heard before.

And now all is history.
Having spent reasonable hours porting all my music to MusicBee I can say that I haven't found any cons on it!
I'm completely amazed! Will be donating soon for sure!

I could spend a lot talking about what I loved: the simplicity, smoothness in the UI, lot's of concise and clear settings, lyrics, tag management embedded (don't need to use MusicBrainz externally), ReplayGain support, Ratings stored on Tags (finally!), great visual, great skins, AutoPlaylists, ...
I'm trying to find some cons, but I just can't!

Thank you Steven, RotemK, blinghound, v4lve, ferongr, boroda74 and thegreyspot!
I don't know what is your secret! But you managed to deliver a better product than a billion dollar company and other great products (like Foobar).... by far!

Astroyka

With a modest collection of 23K tracks in iTunes (managed by, not bought from), the thought of moving to a new music manager filled me with dread. With complex playlist, categorisations and genres I knew any move would be daunting.

The move to MB was far from painful. It handled the import, did a decent job with my playlists (but not the folder structure, meh) and all my tracks were properly tagged. It loves my Android devices, nicely hands off my MQA tracks to my MQA decoder via WASAPI/ASIO, I couldn't be more happy.

I made a modest donation to Steven and wanted to say thank you to you and your crew. I've been singing the virtues of MB via Twitter in the hopes my music loving friends will move to MB from their various music managers. MB offers everything I needed and much much more!

Well done chaps!