Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 277053 times)

Trilyan

Lightweight
Portable
Open Source
Feature Rich
Customizable
Constantly Updated
Rich User Support by Developer
Awesome Community

and most important of all.. TOTALLY FREE!!  ;D

if you don't love MusicBee.. go check with your doctor.

THANK YOU STEVE  :)
Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:14:39 PM by Trilyan

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee is not open source but please do not discuss that on this thread

nepanitukka

nice piece -

normally i am using foobar which was to much of a hazzle for most of my friends to set up

this seems to turn out costomizable and way easier to handle than foobar.

greetz

scouser73

I've only been using Musicbee for two days, it is an excellent music player/library manager etc.  ;D

Katzz

Been using MusicBee for a short while now.  I have an enormous collection of mp3's and until MusicBee I haven't been able to find a media player that can deal with it.  There was a small learning curve for me but it was really worth it this is an awesome program.   I really love the theater mode, and have been recreating my own customized version which is really easy to do.  Thank you, this a very, very good program!

I made a screen capture of the theater mode skin I edited from using the Default and Rdio Style... if anyone wants to see it they can at http://katzz.me/musicbee.jpg  Anybody can personalize it with ease...... Thanks again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thank God for MusicBee!

My hard drive crashed a couple of weeks ago and my computer is away being repaired. In the meantime I've been able to resurrect MusicBee on my external drive, using a backup I made a couple of months ago.  I was also able to recover a ton of MP3s from the dead drive (25,000, when my library, including Inbox, was only 14,000, so the file recovery must have dredged up some deleted stuff too).  Once I'm able to sort through and compare duplicates, I'll have lost very little.  Since I'd been doing a LOT of manual research and tagging recently, that's huge.

The remap folder function has already saved me a big headache, and I imagine I'll be using the Replace File function a lot, too.  I expect by the time my computer returns, I'll be more less able to pick up from where I was before the crash.  Without MusicBee, I would have been sorting through 25,000 files from scratch.
Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:52:34 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

CapZap

I've used Music Bee for about three years now.  It's the best ever.  I started in the late '90s with WinAmp and have probably tried every music player that has come down the pipeline., whether paid or free.  (I think Winamp was $10 early on.)

Anyhow, Music Bee is the best of the lot.  Just does everything well and has lots of innovations that the others haven't picked up.  It's my only player and I use it daily.  It's elegantly done.  Thank you so much.

dylstew

Previously I was using Winamp with the plugin/skin Classicpro2(Aluminium), which greatly improves the big bento skin on wimamp.
The biggest changes were tabs and a sidebar.
I heard Winamp is stopping soon, so I checked out some alternatives just to see if one is better.

I tried Windows Media Player before Winamp, it sucked.
I tried Itunes After, it sucked.
VLC as a music player? Are you kidding me?Video:Yes. Music:No.
Than I tried Foobar2000. It was the ugliest player I've ever seen. Customizing it was confusing as hell.
To not make it ugly I wanted to install a good looking skin. Every good looking skin needed a shitload of plugins that all had seperate downloads. Sometimes I could not find the plugins, sometimes I could but whenever I was done installing it always resulted in a crash or a barely working foobar. Also, most of the useful features were plugins. I also still preferred Winamps layout.
By now I was looking for a player that supported multiple genre tags. So i tried Mediamonkey, which I didn't like at all

But than I found musicbee. At first it was confusing and I found winamps layout better.
Than I clicked around and found out it was very customizable. After a while it became a lot easier to use.
It took a while, but I had finally set it up the way I wanted it.
Everytime I clicked around I discovered more and more awesome features, even though the thing itself is very lightweight.
The multiple libraries, the seperation for audiobooks and podcasts, the tabs/now playing sidebar, the intergrated video,browser,etc, The tags information, the editor, the inbox, the converter ,the customization, the lyrics, the compact player, the last-fm intergration, etc.
There are a few minor issues I have, but aside from those it's  the best music player I've used.
It's a fucking awesome music player, and best of all: It's free!

Thank you :D

Sel-Borum

WOW!

Close to 20 years of using many audio programs to play my digital collections and I am truly happy with this! Starting off with Win95 & Windows Player Classic; and in early '97 back when Napster was around moved to early versions of win-amp and the likes. Then ( I am embarrassed to say) iTunes had this Cover Flow feature which had me hooked for a long time. MediaMonkey and JRiver are both good programs and I found enjoyment with both, and won't put them down. BUT......  NOTHING COMPARES to the enjoyment and satisfaction of using Music Bee!

Three days ago I found a new audio file type called .opus. Media Monkey couldn't play them, I found Music Bee while looking for an opus player.

After installing your program, I spent the next 8 hours without break; exploring, configuring, tagging, having my mind blown away, found auto-tag album, fixed wrong tags, shaking hands with this new program, fast becoming best friends. Took a break for an hour and then back at it till 1:00AM that first day! My wife said she never saw me so happy with my music! The next day was a repeat, full of new discoveries and little features inside Music Bee that just blow my away!

The audio quality is superb and plays all files including .opus without fail. I love the playing track panel and reading about the artists/bands. Love the scrolling Artist Photos (found that one today1). The programs stimulates the ears with song, the eyes with art, and the mind with Bio's.

This is by far the BEST FUN I have ever had with a music media program. It really exceeds on every front!!

Thank you!!    ;D

Eric

Pingaware

I'm well into my second year of MB use, and over a year of active presence here, but I'm still unlocking the potential of MB. I have a very large and poorly sorted selection of files that I'm slowly cleaning up. MB allows me not only to keep the sorted and unsorted files in completely separate libraries, but to name the majority of the 4000 un-named files without manual searching, to create a third library to check for duplicates over all my files, and to sort and tag the processed files to my heart's content.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I cannot express in mere words how much I love MB. Even if Steven were to die today (God forbid), I would be using MB for a very very long time in the future. Thanks Steven!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

hurdlejade

I love this app. It has a lot of skins and many features already built in. Ability to run as portable is really handy.
I just wish it was more noob-friendly :) Perhaps some more predefined layouts and so? Before MusicBee I was stuck with WinAMP for years, and I never liked the way FooBar looks like.

fsurfer

Came across MusicBee today, great to find an app that doesn't require you update it's own database and does not rely on tags alone...now if I can figure out playlists  ???

kaku30xyz

THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER . YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB STEVEN. :)

martynonline

I've just registered especially to say thank you for making such a brilliant creation! I was so impressed by how clean and simple (on the outside) yet effective (behind the scenes) MusicBee is that I was compelled to donate!

Keep up the good work!

Martyn  ;D