Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 277000 times)

tom_dl

I know the 126th post may seem a little late to some, but I really feel compelled to finally write here. MusicBee is a brilliantly maintained project, overseen by an incredibly dedicated programmer whose passion is almost unique among free closed-source projects. MB is my favourite program on my PC, and that really is saying something. It is the work Steven has recently done on the compact player that has really inspired me to write here. Just want to let him know that the work is highly appreciated. Keep it up!

Mikelap

Was talking a while back about the Wiki and i got to say its coming along nicely alot of hardwork from you guys,  really appreciate it .Thanks  ;D
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

Fungud

I checked out MB awhile back & passed on it to pursue MediaMonkey and JRivers.
Coming back, I like what I see. Only had it for a day but here's my 1st impressions:
- - - - - - -
Pros:
It has sleep / fade function that's easy to use. (JRivers does not)
A relatively simple 'Auto DJ' unit to explore your library with. (MM does not)
It' free. (JRMC and MM are not)
it has some pretty snazzy skins. Waiting for someone to do a better 'Eclipse3' dark with neon text one though... ;D
The support online lacks snark or excessive ego!
Always ready to help and not over defensive about their product.

Cons:
Now Playing is screwy and sometimes takes you close to, but not exactly showing, the actual track being played.
Playing entire library at once button very good call. Simple.  But you'll jump around you library as the track changes, as opposed to mixing the library then laying it at your feet like JRMC does. Not that big of a deal. if you missed something, Playlist > Recently Played is there to help.
Easy to get lost in the sauce as you tweak the plethora of controls that lay right underneath the eye pleasingly simple front.
No real remote control function outside of your cell phone. (???)
Adding new tracks still kinda buggy and sometimes crashes MusicBee.
Not really 'intuitive', once you get past the initial functions of the machine.
Maybe it's just me be used to other programs?

Overall, I'm very impressed!
The joining of the two main draws for me (Sleep & Auto DJ) under one roof, is a Godsend!
The remote can wait. And I'll keep dithering with the controls finding that perfect skin-to-textsize-to-contrast ratio.
This will be more important when I get a remote and need to see the text from across the room.

Overall Grade: Solid A.
When I get some $, I'm making a donation.
Just blew my stack on some stuff.
Wife's birthday, Easter for kids, mid-range PC speakers for greedy me!
 ;D

Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:27:57 AM by Fungud

ashecorven

Steven,

Thank you, fantastic work.

Have been using MusicBee for over six months (from MM) and is always fast, simple yet incredibly customisable, easy to backup/restore and has continued to exceed my expectations.

maximinium

Thanks Steven for building this program and the community for improving it to the point of excellence.

Maximinium

Danzar

I love this program.  It's prompted me to finally start organising my music collection properly rather than settling with a poor default.

Steve - Is this the same Steve who put together some majorly useful beatport scripts for MP3tag?

ajaxender

I am pissed off I have not been using this for years... just been using it for 10 minutes and I'm stunned at how much it does that I've always wanted in a 'perfect' music player. Great job!

TDEvans21

Hello,
Better late than never!
I have been using Music Bee for a few weeks now and I can’t believe how simply brilliant this program is from every aspect!! Safe to say it puts other mainstream players to shame!
I love the appearance of the player and customization's (theatre mode is a good touch!), auto DJ and playlist creators are great. Safe to say I have spent hours on this messing with customizations, skins, plugins, layouts etc. The organisation tools, preferences and auto tagging tools are brilliant, phone synchronization is perfect as well as Samsung kies (managing content on a Galaxy S3) is incredibly poor!.
How I have not found it beforehand is beyond me. Thank you for your hard work and dedication in supporting this and developing it further. Recommending it everyone ;)
Regards
Tom

LeLeon

Using MB since 3 years. Its simply the best music player who fits for my wishes. Made today the second donation in this long time. Shame on me.

Thx Steven for this service.

Kaelri

I had to write in about the experience I've just had with MusicBee. I just bought a new computer to replace a dead laptop. After simply copying over my Music folder and MusicBee's AppData folder, I installed the latest beta. MusicBee knew right away that it had been moved to a new location, and within a few clicks, I had my entire library, views, playlists - all of it - perfectly recreated and ready to go.

I don't think I've ever had a smoother experience replicating software settings on a brand new machine. I certainly would not have been so pleased with iTunes or its peers. Thanks so much for making it, Steven, and I plan to be a MusicBee user for a long time to come.

mtone

Just tried the new compact player for the first time. I'm impressed, quite impressed. Great work!

draft

Hi,
I just updated to v2.1 and for me the program starts and reacts much faster than before. I thought it was because of my many podcast subscriptions but after the update its really snappy suddenly.
I can only second what Kaelri wrote, MusicBee combines a feature-rich experience without feeling bloated and unflexible, awesome work!
keep it up <3

vivadavid

Hello,

I've discovered MB only a few weeks back and my best friend is already sick of hearing me say how good it is ;-)

I've been actively participating in the forum and I always get a quick and helpful response, which I'm thankful for.

My only "criticism" is that MB is so packed with features, that you need a lot of time to discover all of them but, in the end, it's great that different users can configure the programme  in every little detail to meet their needs.

Congratulations, Steven!

oblio

Couldn't register without saying thank you!

You have done an amazing job. I love the solid feel of the program compared to certain others which feel flaky. Custom and esp. virtual tags are awesome. Only thing I really miss from MM is Magic Nodes and sqlite database but that can wait till V3 right?  ;D

Every now and then you find a real gem of a program which excels in its domain e.g. Mp3tag, and I think MusicBee is destined to be such a program.

cheers,

Pat

Fantastic. Learning every day new features. Love the customization options.
Used iTunes before, but with the no-reason-whatsover removal of cover flow, I thrashed it.
Musicbee was the answer. Thank You!