Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275277 times)

zjacobss

After Apple released iTunes 11 I couldn't stand it anymore, I have been searching for a replacement but nothing I found seemed great. Last week I tried MusicBee and I'll say it too, I'm keeping it forever :-*
MusicBee works just as I want a music player to work!

derausgewanderte

Wonderful. Best replacement for Zune after MS made a huge mistake of abandoning Zune player for Windows Phone 8 devices or Windows 8. I love it.
cheers

blurtage

Another big thumbs-up for MusicBee. I use 3 or 4 different music players but nothing quite covers all the bases while looking decent like MusicBee does. Looks like it'll take over from foobar2000 as my main player from now on. Learned about it from the lifehacker article linked to by a previous poster.

TheHybridVigor

Just an awesome awesome music player. It's so quick and resource conservative. There's SOOO much depth in customization/personalization, almost to an overwhelming degree, but I, along with many others, truly appreciate the no compromise level of options.

The community is so active and friendly. I'm really just taken aback at the quality of MB.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Options are 'compromised' sometimes if it's deemed that they are over complicating things without enough justification for doing so. That's a good thing. There's a thought process that goes into adding endless options that don't add something worthy for enough users. I've seen that many times
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Tonight the contents of my inbox have fallen below 10K for the first time since installing MusicBee a few months ago.  I have tagged over 4K tracks and deleted at least that many more duplicate and unwanted tracks.  I'm starting to update artwork, genre, etc as well. My library looks better and is better organized than it has ever been.

In addition to my home installation, I have MusicBee portable on my work computer, and use the tracks that I sync at home as my library at work.

Thanks, Steven!
Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:16:29 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

greenflash

This was long due. I'm a rabid fan of music and like to have a good collection, tagged, in order etc. I used like most of the rest a zillion players; either lacking or super heavy.

I had finally set on MediaMonkey until I started having issues and the lyrics grabber (a community solution indeed) stopped working.

Then a marvellous friend told me about MusicBee. Wow - what a piece of software, being a programmer myself I know that it's no joke to write such a beautiful project. 

Lyrics? Integrated. Themes, Layout? Whatever you like. Theater mode (Wow! Ain't that pretty?) Internet content? Tagging? I just found recently that it can find album covers too (though I use the great mp3tag for that)

I only had some problems (dumb me) until I figured out the Inbox (and how good that is).  For me it's on the short top list of my essential free apps like MP3Tag, PSPad and a few more. THANK YOU for your hard work and this great piece of software.

Shoeman

Really the best player/organizer out there. It has almost the union of all other players features. Really very very complete. The user interface is really great. I used to use aimp, mp3tag, tagscanner and winamp depending on what I needed to do. Now I can use only Musicbee and it fulfill all my needs with a lot of benefits. The only drawback is that I could find no way to make the tagging features work through my organization's proxy, but I can live with that. Thank you very much!

Ricky Roma

I've been using Mediamonkey for the past 8 years or so. It used to be a really good music management program. It all started to go downhill with the introduction of album art though I feel. Nowadays it just runs very slowly, unresponsive, constant hangs when tagging etc. I've tried many different alternatives over the years but always end up putting up with Mediamonkey due to it's flexibility.

This past week I thought I'd give MusicBee a try. No real expectations. First impressions were that it looked like a Mediamonkey clone. Then I loaded some FLACs and started to use it .......oh boy....this is the Ferrari to Mediamonkey's Fiat Punto , it just FLIES !!

It wasn't until I had a look at Gary Young's "Hidden Features" thread (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.0)  that I started to realise just how much work and thought Steven has put into this.  The customising of the left hand side of the screen for super fast filtering and searching just works so much better than Mediamonkey's. It feels like I have a new PC !

I haven't tried tagging yet....but looking at everything else I have the feeling that it will be pretty well handled too.

It's over 8 years since I last changed music apps..but when something this good comes along you just have to move on.

Congratulations to all those involved in the development of MusicBee ...a truly wonderful piece of software  8)

TheAlfred

Me too was using Mediamonkey for the last couple of years and also did not really feel there was a lot of improvement (to be fair they are the only ones who made a working Iphone sync with IOS 5). Before I used Helium Music Manager and JRiver.

With MusicBee, it was the first time that when I started using a new managing program, everything felt "at the right place" and was working really well, too. I found MB fits my workflows so conveniently. Everytime when I think "wait, that's a special situation with these set of tags" or whatever, "I wonder if I can make that work with MB", I mostly find a button for an option which does exactly that...

I will join the coir: Thank you so much for this brilliant piece of software... and keep up the great work!!

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I just hope to god that Steven is proud :)
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee has corrupted me.  :)

Before MusicBee, all I wanted was a well-developed but pretty basic set of features: easy library navigation, support for audiobooks, CD ripping/burning, playlists, syncing, and an auto-DJ type system.  In other words, the features I had in iTunes but with a *little* more personalization and control.

Of course, MusicBee does all of those well, which is what brought me to it in the first place.  It says a whole lot that the only work-arounds I'm using right now are the Trash playlist for deleting tracks, to avoid a bug that isn't under Steven's control, and using the love/ban field to keep track of my progress with album art.

But then it has all these *other* features, like the inbox, different library views, filters and highlighting, genre organization, spectrum bar, compact player, streaming from online, downloading lyrics and artwork, custom and virtual tags, the list goes on.  None of them seemed like much to get excited about at first.  But since they're *there*, I keep using more and more of them, and liking them, and discovering ways to do more with them, and I've long since passed the point where I can imagine giving them up.

So, yeah.  I'm pretty much ruined for any other player ever.
Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:54:45 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dek1573

Just come across MB and have to say wish I'd found it earlier instead of wasting my time with other probably more famous products.
Been using MB just over a week now totally blown away by it, all we need now is Video and we'll be sorted but as a music Manager and player faultless
many thanks.