Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275222 times)

TallJohn53

Another newbie here (not to MB) just to the forum. Just wanted to add my two cents in also saying thank you to Steven and all others who assisted in developing this software. I have tried many players/organizers over the past 15 years and MB blows all of them away IMHO.

Thanks again!!!!

Alexis

It is really great to see guys registering simply to post their appreciation for this amazing program.  Awesome forum... and software of course.  (I have commented already)  8)
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

PVTele

And here's another one just registered! I've been using MB for a few months now, and there really isn't anything to touch it. Over the years I must have tried most reasonable music software around, and always been frustrated with one thing or another - but I'm pretty much content now - v. 2.0.4663 is running like a watch  :)

If only I didn't have to use XMPlay or Notation Player to open my 1500-odd MIDI practice files, I'd bee in 7th heaven!

Many congratulations to everyone involved in development and support.  8)

Zak

• Global Moderator
If only I didn't have to use XMPlay or Notation Player to open my 1500-odd MIDI practice files, I'd bee in 7th heaven!
I used to have hundreds of MIDI files - haven't touched them for years, but they're probably still on a backup CD somewhere.

Anyhoo, MusicBee is compatible with Winamp input plugins, which includes MIDI. You could try the one that comes with Winamp (I don't have it installed), but I downloaded this third party MIDI plugin instead: http://www.winamp.com/plugin/in-asyfon/221812.

I also had to download a SoundFont for it to work, but MusicBee is now happily playing a MIDI of Tomasso Albinoni's Adagio in G.  :)

Just don't try editing tags - MIDI files don't like that!
Bee excellent to each other...

Zak

• Global Moderator
Just discovered Send To > File Rescan.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This will make co-editing in MusicBee and Mp3tag so much easier!
Bee excellent to each other...

Standards

After seeing the countless people registering to give their appreciation, I figured I'd do the same. I've been using MusicBee for about a month now, and I'm impressed. I see that a lot of people here were driven mad by all the media players they had to sift through. I had this same problem. While I never used mediamonkey for a long time, I drifted to foobar, winamp, spotify, clementine, songbird, etc. Each time I came to a new one I would genuinely like its set of features and whatnot, but there was always something missing that I really, really wanted. Foobar had a terrible time with customization and keeping up with my album art, winamp and spotify both had bad built-in tagging that really hurt my large library, etc. MusicBee, though? I was pretty impressed. The absolute ease of just downloading and sorting album art, tagging, filtering, etc, was spectacular. I'm pretty sure I saw someone a couple pages back say that he/she listened to even more music simply because of the user-friendlyness in MusicBee. I thought about it, and yea, that applies to me as well, so I would like to thank Steven and all of the co-developers/helpers/etc for the great work. I've already seen how helpful this community is, so kudos to you all.

pworm

I also have to send my biggest thank you to the creators of MB. I tried out so many software and ended up with winamp - more or less happy. But recently I was looking for a 'easier' software for my girlfriend... and discovered MB! And I must say you did such a brilliant work. It's not only my girlfriend but also me who is using MB from now on. I really love it. Again and again I cannot believe how much better MB is than all other players I tried out. Everything I was unhappy with is history. And despite it's powerful functions, it it SO EASY to use AND TO CONFIGURE! Just had to make a donation for your server costs!  ;D

johncrazy

I registered on the site just so I could show my appreciation of this fantastic software.

For the past two days I've been racking the internet trying to find even a usable piece of music management software. After slowly trying to separate myself from the apple ecosystem, I've dropped iTunes. While iTunes, I felt, wasn't terrible, I just felt like that there must have been something better out there, and with my recent decision to try to start planning for the Nexus 4, I felt I needed to abandon iTunes. I started with Mediamonkey and felt like this was going to be the one. And then I got very much fed up with a few ridiculous things (the sorting was abhorrent). And it also just looked like an amateur piece of software. I then thought that having WMP be my main music management system would be a great idea as it comes default with windows. After seeing a light, a promise out of the program, towards the end of my stint with the software, I literally became nauseous. WMP made me nauseous. I closed the program and never wanted to open it up again. I'd heard about MusicBee, but never really thought to try it.  I then downloaded it and opened it with one of my favorite albums and saw massive hope. The number of options in this beaut is just astounding. People said that the tagging of Mediamonkey was good, wow, MusicBee completely blows it out the water. After using it now for a good deal of time, I can safely say that this will definitely be my primary, and only music  management software. Thank you to the MusicBee team! This is a truly brilliant piece of software.

Alex Lopes

I am Brazilian and my English is not the best, hope you understand.

For years I used MediaMonkey, but I always searched for other solutions. I tested several programs (The GodFather, Foobar, Helium Music Manager, Songbird, Winamp ...).

A few days ago I met the MB through an article published in a forum (I found in a Google search). I was excited, then I downloaded.

Now I can say that I'm fascinated. It is an intelligent software, flexible, lightweight and powerful. I'm talking to all my friends: Download the MB and make a donation!!

I say with all my heart: Thank you and THANK YOU SO MUCH! My search ended and a new world of discovery begins!

mgh

I just made a contribution, which is a small way to say thank you.  What a great program you have developed, I really love it.  Thanks for all the work you have put into it.

{VeTeR}

MB is the best! I havent seen nothing better than MusicMatch Jukebox for years, and now.. bam! MusicBee is my fav music app! :)
Thank you for your work! my music library finally shines ordered, tagged and easy to navigate like never before.

TrevorH

I can only echo what has already been said about this program, it is by far the best I have tried. The functionality is amazing, especially for a freebie! I've only been using it for a couple of days, so still getting to grips with all the options to best suit my usage.
A hearty thank you!!  :)

markemark

Just started using MusicBee recently and loving it. I'm using it to manage my music library (done) and manage my old time radio library (in progress).

Perhaps I'm loving it too much because between the two libraries I've maxed out the 9 custom tags available. :P

Thanks!

northernlights

Best music player/library I tried so far, and I tried a lot!