Author Topic: Someone to Customise the Iron Pyrite skin from the Dark Collection  (Read 8141 times)

stevepaul

I have being using MB for the last few weeks now and not only am I impressed with the player but also with the forum community and their willingness to help 'newbies' like myself ...

So with this in mind I'm looking for a little help from a community member ...

My favourite skin, as the subject line suggests, is the Iron Pyrite skin from the Dark Collection ...

I particularly like the contrast of orange and black and the colouring of the title bars, however the one thing I don't particularly like is the 'striped' effect in the 'Now Playing Pane' (and the Now Playing Assistant and Now Playing Floating Window) ...

Unfortunately, due to work committments I don't currently have the time to 'get into' skin design (as much as I would like to), although I have had a quick read of Rotem K's excellent guide ...

Therefore, I'm wondering if some kind person could modify the existing skin to have just a plain background (the darker shade of the two stripes) in ALL the 'Now Playing' panes...

You would have my undying appreciation !!

stevepaul

@Greb

You are a star of the first order, absolutely perfect,...

Thank you ;-)

Greb

You're welcome. 'was not a big deal, just a couple of minutes. Glad it helped you.

stevepaul

I'm hoping to find the time to have a 'play' with MB skins in the not too distant future (work permitting !)...

I'm guessing an easy way to do this would be to change some of the colours first and the easiest way to achieve this would be to replace the RGB codes with new ones ...

So which XML editor do you recommend ?

Greb

Not a special XML software needed, just open the file in WordPad, and save it as 'xml' after changing it. You will have no problem to interprete the content. If you want to check a color, I'd recommend you this page: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Anyway, a WYSIWYG program wouldn't work with this file.

A last advice: don't get into skinning. It's adictive  ;D

stevepaul

@Greb

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl when I get finished later today ...

Btw, had already stumbled across the colour schemer, but thanks for the link anyway ...
Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:31:17 PM by stevepaul

Greb

You're welcome again. Skinning is like playing with colors. Kinda relaxing. Enjoy  ;D