Author Topic: Playlist send-to and mark tracks as played.  (Read 5642 times)

Analien

1. Playlist Send To:
I wonder if you could ease up things in the context menu of at least "Compact Player" & "Mini Player". I regularly assing tracks to playlists and sometimes they end up in multiple playlists. Though it is convenient, in standard view ("Main Player"), to just drag & drop tracks into playlists, it is not in "Compact" & "Mini". It consists of four dull steps;

1. Rightclick the track.
2. Select: Send To
3. Select: Playlist.
4. Selecting appropriate playlist, to wich it will then belong.
Repeat and repeat, if necessary.

When I think that selected track should belong in multiple playlists, this becomes an issue for me. Alot of selecting-steps that is not to my liking. This could be solved easy with adding Playlist (step 3.) directly into the rightclick context menu. Perhaps just above "Edit"?

Yeah, I could just use the standard view all the time, but that is not always necessary and does not really fit my needs all the time.

2: Mark tracks as played.
I tend to listen to alot, and do I mean alot, of new music in one week, say maybe 3-500 new tracks/week. I've noticed that sometimes a track won't get marked as played (I have playcount activated in several views) when I choose to skip to the next track. I don't know how many % of the song I need to listen to, to get it marked as played.
I would like a feature so that I could change the percent and even seconds, and MB will mark it as played and it will be added to the playcount. It is one feature that I really liked with Winamp.

Mandatory flattery:
So, could you fix these, trivial for most, but very handy for me, requests?
I've been using MB for about a year, and I just love it, and I've noticed that you, Steven, is a nice guy and fixes alot of req's & issues really, really fast. Developers like you, is worth their weight in gold.

English is not my primary language, so I hope I've described everything as clear as possible, otherwise you'll just have to ask me to explain further.

Regards.

Steven

• Administrator
for 1, i will try and make it so the list of playlists stays open after clicking (you would explicitly click Close to close it)
for 2, it follows the last.fm convention although it has been asked before to customise the play count rule and i will look at that at some point in the future. However the lastest 1.3 beta fixes a bug where if you shutdown MB without stopping first the playcount wasnt being incremented

Steven

• Administrator
i havent been able to get 1 to work well so will revisit it at a later date

Steven

• Administrator
i've figured out a way to do this now - in order to send files to multiple playlists, you will be able to hold the Ctrl key down.
Its done for the next update
Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:58:06 PM by Steven

ma_t14

i've figured out a way to do this now - in order to send files to multiple playlists, you will be able to hold the Ctrl key down.

Now that we are talking about selecting multiple objects, Steven can you please have a look at this request. The philosophy behind it is similar to the one above, but my guess would be that it requires a different way to solve. Also the animation when scrolling up/down of the dropdown looks "funny" on my system. It shows like its going up although your scroll down...
Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:41:07 PM by ma_t14

Analien

"- new: Send To/ Playlists now allows multiple playlists to be selected by holding the Ctrl key down"

Well, thank you, Steven. This will be good enough for now.   :D  ::)

"for 2, it follows the last.fm convention although it has been asked before to customise the play count rule and i will look at that at some point in the future."

Sounds good. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
You are fast!

crashrandall

I have brought in a library of old podcasts and want to mark them as played - seems no way to do so, this means a playlist of unplayed podcasts is not what I want it to be.

PLEASE implement "Mark as played"  or a way to manually set play count.

Tanyuu

This is an old thread and may be resolved somehow, but if not, +1 on being able to right click and 'Mark as Played' a track from a playlist, which would be useful for playlists that have podcasts.

My current workaround, just in case people have the same issue, is that I have all my podcasts set to downloading the most recent episode, and just deleting the podcasts I have listened to already from the playlist. If a subscription has more than one episode to download, I manually go through and check. I'm far enough behind that this seems to work for me as a workaround until I figure out a better system, so far.