Author Topic: Improved Search Idea  (Read 12693 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this version now supports this functionality when the album tags are displayed below the artwork
http://www.mediafire.com/?1oo14sync75agaf

hardo

Steven, so i was scrolling in track view and came accross an old album i wanted to listen to - obviously shown in one track. I see you haven't provided a hyperlink on the album, just the other obvious facets like artist / genre / year. Could you please make it active on the album title too? I could simply have clicked once and had the whole album displayed, - instead there were many more clicks / keystrokes to get there.
Thanks.

hardo

I'm so dof (south african expression for 'numb in the brain).
I haven't seen the extra page tabs, so i have only been viewing page one always.
I best go back and check other posts to see your replies.
Gees Hardo!
Thanks for this mod.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added clicking the middle mouse button in the main panel as a shortcut to right click/ Search.../ Find XXXX where XXXX is the clicked field

hardo

"i've added clicking the middle mouse button in the main panel as a shortcut to right click/ Search.../ Find XXXX where XXXX is the clicked field"

I have tried, but failed to understand how to use this function above. I have clicked everywhere. What is the 'main panel' anyway, - the library display?
Please don't forget to activate the album field, - this was part of the original concept.
Regards

ma_t14

"i've added clicking the middle mouse button in the main panel as a shortcut to right click/ Search.../ Find XXXX where XXXX is the clicked field"

I have tried, but failed to understand how to use this function above. I have clicked everywhere. What is the 'main panel' anyway, - the library display?
Please don't forget to activate the album field, - this was part of the original concept.
Regards

I dont think the new version has been posted yet  ::)

hardo

aaaaaa - hah! :-)
So i'm not just not getting it.

hardo

Steven, you did request:

"Posted on: September 18, 2011, 02:07:23 PM
Posted by: Steven
Insert Quote
this has the change:
http://www.mediafire.com/?047dqh1fv2zx1mq

its quite possible i've overlooked something with this so any feedback appreciated"

I have prompted you a few times with reports that it works fantastically, but that you activate the 'Album' field as well.
Can you please?

ma_t14

Why not use middle click? It should be working that way

Steven

• Administrator

hardo

thank you, - i can let this go now. :-)
When is the next update?
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 05:56:19 AM by hardo

hardo

re update to version 1.3.4285 in downloads.
Man, that middle mouse button clicking on any field in the main pane to sort, is the sh*t!!! That is one up from my request here!
Well done Steven

hardo

Um, i have picked up a bug with this. Sometimes the mouse over fails to highlight fields. Here is a link to a small video file that demonstrates this: http://www.mediafire.com/?l3ezacxu8746z9p  The file name is 'Link error', -  so dont think you have just had an error when downloading,,,  What is weird is that you can scroll through 5 albums with all mouse over links working, then suddenly the next one none work and the next one some work etc. It is consistent in failing with the same albums each time, - its not random.
Ta
Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:03:09 AM by hardo